Are Steroids and Drugs a Problem In Wrestling??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
WRESTLING legend Hulk Hogan has lashed out at the industry which made him a megastar.

And he has demanded an end to the decades-long cover-up of steroid abuse in the sport.

The Sun has been leading an anti-steroid abuse campaign since wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and seven-year-old son before committing suicide in June.

In an exclusive Sun interview, he said: "Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Oh God yeah. They have always been a part of the business. It's prevalent.

"But there's not some big mystery to it. Just open your eyes and it's there. You can look at a wrestler and pretty much tell.

"They will be above their weight range, with these big veins. My body weight is around 285lb, depending on how much junk I eat. Even if I was 25 and clean, I could probably only carry 300lb.

"Yet when I was wrestling I weighed anywhere between 320 and 340lb, because my body was full of water weight.

"My face was puffy, my arms were so bulky I couldn't touch my shoulders. You could take one look at me and know I was on something.

"Steroids have been around for ever in other sports too, but if we have to pick on somebody now then let's pick on wrestling.

"I'm glad the business is in the spotlight because they're probably the only ones smart enough, after being able to dodge it for so long, to know how to fix it."

0,,2007352175,00.jpg
NOW CLEAN ... obscene muscles have gone

The Hulkster added: "I remember up until the early 1990s any wrestler could walk into a doctor and they'd write you a prescription for steroids.

In my opinion use of steroids and drugs must be banned..just look at the list of wrestler's dying before the age of 50!

What has our members on IWF got to say about this??
opinions will be appreciated..its a very serious issue..we might not see all this superstars for long time,god forbid..
do come up with your comments on this Dirty World Of WWE
thanx.

Reaction score
yeah but you're missing the point here.Hogan is in his 50s.But what made him famous in the first place.If it wasn't for that massive body "biceps so big i can't touch my shoulders" he would probably be pumping gas somewhere today instead of sitting pretty on millions of $$$$$$$$.I'm not condoning the use of roids but wrestling is a very competitive environment ,the chances of making it big are slim to none so many grapplers will have recourse to roids even it means jeopardising their health.The crude reality is that they would rather risk dying young but becoming multi millionaires rather than staying clean ,not becoming ME,live a long life without the beverly hills lifestyle.Money makes the world go round and wrestlers will put their health on the line and take roids to earn 500,000-1,000,000 a year as a wrestler.

vickymania

Reaction score
think you made a good point about money.it does matter..but after you make those billions,you r dyin so you're not feastin on that after you're say 45 - 50 yrs. old..

Reaction score
think you made a good point about money.it does matter..but after you make those billions,you r dyin so you're not feastin on that after you're say 45 - 50 yrs. old..

but it's not a guarantee they will die 45-50.Besides not every wrestler abuses roids.Some use it very cautiously and very rarely.And there are also painkillers and sleeping pills which many wrestlers use to cope with their ailing and the constnt travelling.You can't pinpoint steroids as the single factor for premature death.Some use it maybe once evry two years.Lanny poffo said he used roids for 2 weeks only and said he stopped after he developed testicular atrophy.

And don't forget wrestlers have families, they need to send kids to college.When they look at it from a global perspective the positives overcome the negatives and they decide taking roids is worth the hassle.Classic example of the glass half empty half full.

And once again vickymania steroids are not the SINGLE cause of premature death.If it was so arnold would be dead by now instead he's ruling the roost as the covernor of california:hippi:

vickymania

Reaction score
good point..i totally agree that 'roids are not the single reason..but it will be good if wrestler's keep a check on them in the future..Sun's Article on Benoit injecting his 7 yr old kid with 'roids was shockin for me..

Reaction score
i think wrestlers can now look for a proper replacement for roids as the range of bodybuilding supplementation has improved drastically when compared to the 80s.kevin nash has recently endorsed a testosterone booster supplement which he says is working wonders on his 47 year old body.

vickymania

Reaction score
lol..and he needs every bit of it..Kevin has been on TNA's roster for quite some time now..i might not be ba idea if he joins Hogan.he eh

"testosterone booster supplement"..i'll hav eto check the net for that..haven't heard of it till now..

Reaction score

Nikki

Yeah, I think it is a problem steroids and drugs in wrestling. Wrestlers are pressure to wanted to stay big, buff and strong.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Hogans not complaining when he's on his show ( that he wouldn't have if not for wrestling ) living in that huge house with all those bills his family runs up. You know those 3 people that have never worked a day in their lives. All paid for with money made from where? That's right wrestling. So he shouldn't talik alot of smack when when he was right in the middle of all that steroid usage.

But it does need to be investigated because people are dying. So the WWE better watch their step because everyone is watching.

vickymania

Reaction score
Reported by Daniel Pena on 08/09/2007
TNAHeadlines.com - Breaking TNA News, Spoilers, Photos & More!partial source: Pro Wrestling Torch

-- Internally, there is a lot of discussion going on saying that a number of recent departures either from WWE on a whole or television for other assorted reasons is due to the increased scrutiny on the drug policy. People within WWE think that officials are being a lot more strict and using more enforcement in the policy now.

think wwe officials are getting their acts right a bit..
comments

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Well....Coming from Hogan, I'm obliged to disagree and say,"Nope,Theres no Steriods in the industy, that I'm aware of."

JHar888

Reaction score
*Rhino walks in room...

Hi Hogan!

GORE! GORE! GORE!*
Yeah, Hogan is a steroid fool, and steroids are taking over the wrestling world today. For instance, Steve Austin. He came home to Debrah every night, and beat her down with a candy bar. He couldn't quit being that Steve Austin chacter that we saw on TV. Besides that, I'm agreeing with Kevin Nash, steroids aren't so bad. It's only a few that have the roid rages.