Apollo Crews details how Edge helped him and others with promos during the pandemic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
apollo.jpg

Current WWE NXT roster member Apollo Crews revealed during an interview that Edge would give him and others weekly help with promos via FaceTime conversations.

Talking on the Out of Character podcast, Crews said it began during the pandemic when Edge contacted several talents and direct messaged Crews.

"...While he was injured with his triceps injury, he was talking about helping some of the younger guys with promos. So I was like, man, here's an opportunity. Extremely uncomfortable. He's talking about FaceTiming him once a week. I'm like, Man, I hate FaceTime. I hate even talking on the phone, right? But I was like, here's a man who's taking his time to help me get better and advance in my career. So I have to do this, right? I have to do it," he said.

He said they talked weekly with Edge giving him advice on how to improve, sending him up to eight to ten promos a day which Edge watched and then commented on.

"He was literally breaking and watching each one and breaking them down and breaking them down," he explained.

Crews also said after he debuted his Nigerian character on the main roster, Edge embraced him after he came to the back and was "genuinely happy that I went out there and just did that."

"I have nothing but great things to say about him and I'm very grateful that he reached out and wanted to help not just me, but some of the other guys advance and just be better. You have someone like that who's done everything here and here he is reaching out to us to kind of pass some of the game along. How do you pass up on that opportunity?," he said.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I don't think I've ever read a bad thing about Edge after the Lita/Matt Hardy stuff.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
And Apollo Crews promos has been better thanks to Edge.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler