Antonio Rodrigo 'Big Nog' Nogueira on Dana White: 'He's Not a God'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
BigNog_large.jpg
UFC President Dana White didn't wait very long to voice his opinion that Wanderlei Silva shouldn't fight again after Silva's KO loss to Chris Leben at UFC 132. That didn't sit very well with another Brazilian legend who's on the downward slope of his own career, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Nogueira spoke to Brazil's R7 Esportes (translated by Tom Mendes):

"I think he was unfortunate with his comments. They're idols of the sport, (Dana's) not a God who decides on everyone's career.

I loved the fact that Tito Ortiz won his last fight. You see that these people were not champions for nothing. Ortiz, Wanderlei and Fedor were top fighters for a reason. But Dana White can't decide that, he'll have to eat his words regarding Tito (laughs)"

Nogueira probably identifies with Silva, both fighters are all-time greats who are now in their mid-30s and have suffered a string of brutal KO losses. Nogueira was once known for his iron jaw, but has lost 2 of his last 3 via knock out.

Nogueira will face Brendan Schaub at UFC 134.