Anthony Johnson Says Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva Should Be Worried About Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to MMATorch.com, Anthony “Rumble†Johnson, the newest resident of the 185-lb division, has delivered a message of intent to Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort and the rest of the middleweight assemblage, in which he says they should all be worried about him.

“I will dominate Vitor Belfort. Chael Sonnen is seen as the top threat to Anderson Silva's title. Well, I am at 185 pounds and everyone at middleweight has to worry about me now. I'm in this division to go to the top. You will see a whole different animal now I am at this weight class,†Johnson said.

Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC), who has spent almost the entirety of his professional career at welterweight, finally switched to middleweight having on numerous occasions suffered extensively with cutting weight at 170-lb.

“Moving up to face Vitor was a new chapter in my life, a new challenge," Johnson reflected in quotes released by the UFC on Tuesday. "I'm going to stay here and I'm going to take over this weight class.â€

In several days time at UFC 142, Johnson will make his first foray into the division, where he’s slated to lock horns with “The Phenom†Belfort in the Brazilian’s own backyard.

Belfort (20-9 MMA, 9-5 UFC), a veteran of the sport, has campaigned at both the 205-lb and heavyweight divisions. He’s also a former UFC light heavyweight champion, having defeated Randy Couture at UFC 46 back in January of 2004.

A Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, Belfort is known for his quick hands and punching prowess.

“I'm going to use everything in my power to dominate Vitor in every way possible," Johnson said. "He's fast, he's powerful, he has a lot of experience, but my right hand is his Kryptonite.â€

Johnson has won the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Knockout of the Night honors twice—against Kevin Burns and most recently Charlie Brenneman.

It’s safe to say that Johnson is looking ripped with the mass bulk, and if the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) wrestling champion can upend Belfort come fight night, the rest of the division is bound to take notice.

UFC 142 is set for Jan. 14, 2012 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

He just moved to middleweight, he has a fight in a few days against Vitor Belfort lets see what he can do in that fight before he starts saying things like this.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is going to be a much better fit for Johnson... the guy is freakin huge. It was definitely a matter of time before he moved up to Middleweight. As far as being the challenge to Chael and Anderson... yeahhhhhhhhh... heh heh nahhh man. He ain't the answer.

But it will be interesting to see what happens in his fight with Vitor.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree with him that he'll be a top contender, he looks really good at the weight and I fancy him to pull off the upset.