Anthony Johnson Cut From The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“Rumble Johnson did the damage to himself. To be that unprofessional to not come in on weight and that far off when you used to fight at 170, now you went to 185 pounds so you wouldn’t have trouble making weight and this is your worst weight cut ever? It’s a detriment to himself.

To be honest with you he's going to get cut after this event. Three strikes and you are out. This is his third time that he hasn’t made weight. He’s the co-main event in a huge fight down here in Brazil and this one was a bad one. He's done that's all i have to say about him”

That said, White said he's not forever ruling out the potential for Johnson to return to the promotion at some point.

"I don't dislike the guy," White. "I like him very much actually. When you talk to Anthony Johnson, he's a good guy.

"I don't know who you blame in this one. Do you blame him? Do you blame his team? Do you blame his camp? I mean who takes the blame in this one? Ultimately, you're a grown man. You're responsible for your own actions and he's done here."

Finally a cut Johnson can actually make!

Nah, i feel bad for the guy hope to see him in Strike Force, or back in the UFC in a year or so.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It is all on Johnson pretty much. I mean it is just completely unprofessional and gives you a tremendous weight advantage in these divisions and that just isn't right. And yeah he was in the Co-main event... in Brazil against a very well known fighter and thats the weight he came in at?

The guy is good. He is someone you wanna watch. He is very exciting to watch and aggressive. He goes for the win. But I don't think that he'll be allowed back until he can show that he can get his weight under control. Once he is seen as a guy that can show up to a fight at the weight he is supposed to for a while... then I'm sure Dana would allow him back in UFC. But I'm definite he'll be fighting elsewhere for a while. Maybe Strikeforce, Bellator, BAMMA, something.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Learn to make weight, this is the umpteenth time he has failed to make weight, unprofessional and stupid. But he didn't have a weight advantage over Vitor.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
But he didn't have a weight advantage over Vitor.

Uh, yeah he did.

He missed the 185 limit first, and weighed in at 211 at a revised 205 limit on fight night.

Deserves this.