Another Musician Joins '27 Club'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guano

Reaction score
Singer Amy Winehouse was reportedly found dead at her home in London. The cause of the 27 year old Winehouse’s death has yet to be determined

Winehouse is best known for her powerful contralto vocals and eclectic mix of musical genres. She made her debut album in 2003 called Frank but it was her 2006 follow-up album titled Back to Black that catapulted her to fame. The album won six Grammy Award nominations and five wins.

That feat tied the record for most wins by a female artist in a single night and gave Winehouse the distinction of being the first British singer to win five Grammys.

Winehouse had a history of battling alcohol and drugs. She just recently left a British rehabilitation program prior to her death which was intended to prepare her for some European concerts.

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/328046/british-singer-amy-whinehouse-dead

As the article stated Amy Whinehouse had a history of battling alcohol and drugs, so it wasn't much of a surprise to me. Although, I wasn't a fan of her music. I still thought she was better then most of the mindless dribble on the mainstream radio stations. I hate to hear news about somebody pass away at such a young age, especially when they were cut down in their prime. Amy Whinehouse is another musician that has joined the infamous 27 club.

"That leaves me to ask, "How do you feel about Amy Whinehouse?"​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was surprised when I heard that she had passed away. She was heavily into the drugs and I am honestly surprised that she lasted this long. I don't feel bad for her because she brought this on herself by going into drugs and becoming a user. Simply a waste of talent, she had a very unique voice, and I feel for her friends and family who had tried to help her.

In the end it is fitting that she joined the 27 club. A unique artist that was tortured by their demons.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I never liked her music at all, heard about her death this morning as Dad told me and I said this doesn't surprise me because I could see it coming. Knowing she was heavily involved with alcohol and drugs her life was literally a train-wreck. Never liked her music either but yes she did have a good voice just not the type of genre I'm into.

Joining the '27' club is quite sad really with the likes of Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain dead at 27.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Those who say she deserved it are truly stupid considering half of those people probably still miss celebrities who died due too drugs and alcohol. Of course it was bought on by herself but it is extremely easy to be drawn in by the demons of drugs and drink when famous.

Winehouse was a unique talent, there's no woman singer in the UK with a unique voice like she had and she really put the UK on the soul map with her album Frank and her fantastic album Back to Black. The fact that she got 5 Grammys from it is a testament to how good it was.

R.I.P Amy Winehouse.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just can't feel sorry for someone who abused drugs and alcohol like that. Everyone could see it coming, that she would die young, she went to rehab but she didn't stay clean. If she stayed clean she would have been alive today and only has herself to blame. It is very easy to say no.

Her music will still live on and will be played for years to come because it had a unique sound.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Fair point but I'm just annoyed with people who will feel sorry for one celebrity that died due to drugs/alcohol but when it's someone they disliked who it happens to they say they don't feel sorry for them... I'm not saying you did Troy, just others have.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It isn't that much of a suprise, but I do have trouble being as cold about it as some others. Fact is she was a human being with a family, and everything else. Anyone who dies that young no matter the curse it must been seen as a loss. She should have done more to help herself, but then if you haven't been in that position, I don't think you can really comment on how hard it might be.

She had great raw talent, I actually like Lilly Allen more because she writes better songs, and has a more deverse sound, once you have heard one Winehouse song you have pretty much heard them all.

Still she was a good singer, and like you said to bring that kind of sound back into the mainstream was a good thing.

A sad loss R.I.P.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed with Keith, enough with the double standards because I'm sure if it happened to your family member you wouldn't say they deserved it...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Of course it is different if the person is close to you but then again if I had a family member that was that heavily into drugs and alcohol I would never see them and wouldn't be surprised if they died from an overdose.