Another Cena vs Hate Article on WWE.COM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To some, supporting John Cena isn’t so much a choice as a calling, a civic duty, a bona fide requirement of membership in the WWE Universe and America itself. To his supporters, the Cenation leader is as wholesome and good as milk and apple pie and a representation of all that is kind and wonderful in this crazy little thing called life.

Tell certain Cena haters you’re a fan, and you might as well be throwing your weight behind the devil himself, spitting in the very face of reason, physics, originality and truth (not to be confused with R-Truth). To Cena’s detractors, he is a wannabe, a sellout, a washed-up paragon of everything wrong with WWE.

It’s a well-known fact that Cena’s fan response has always been … divided, let’s call it. But the question that has never been definitively asked is why. To settle the debate once and for all (or at least for this week), WWE.com asked our Facebook and Twitter followers to elaborate on why they cheered or booed Cena. Suffice to say, your responses exhausted every last explanation for either and, for the first time ever, WWE.com will now hear from YOU – the WWE Universe itself – on what makes John Cena so alternately great or insufferable. These responses are 100% real and not doctored in any way by WWE.com. The Cenation is up first, come back tomorrow for the boobirds. Here we go:

The WWE Universe Cheers #Let’sGoCena Because:

The WWE Universe cheers "Let's Go Cena" because John Cena follows his own mantra.He Follows His own Mantra: @xYouCraveNANA tweeted, “I'm #letsgocena cuz @JohnCena is true to his word. Hard to see ppl nowadays who stand by their word. He's REAL and determined.” And, on Facebook, Charlynn Cena (?!) writes, “All he does is work to entertain his fans putting his body on the line for us. Everyday he walks in that ring with pride, dignity Loyalty & respect. He never gives up & rises above hate.”

John Cena inspires the WWE Universe to cheer, "Let's Go Cena!"He’s an Inspiration: Facebook user Kimmy LovesDeanforever Ever (aww) gushed of Cena, “i support cena now and forever!! he totally rocks!!! he's an inspiration and motivation for me in my life. whenever i'm stuck or feel down, i think about him. It's true about his tagline: RISE ABOVE HATE...in this world there is hate but if we can rise above it then it will be a better world for everyone.” Likewise, on Twitter, follower @WILLIAMCOTTMAN tweeted “I cheer John Cena Hustle (work hard), Loyalty (you never know who you might need) and Respect (You have to give it to get) #LetsGoCena.”

John Cena proves his goodness by giving up his spot in WWE TLC 2011 to Zack Ryder.He’s a Good Boy: Facebook user Ixara Leene Yusa writes that the Cenation leader is “the example of a well-behaved person.” This is true, really. Hit the guy with a chokeslam, tear the shirt off his back and he is still all smiles. Just ask Kane.

The WWE Universe cheers "Let's Go Cena" in support of his work with the Make-a-Wish Foundation.He Thinks of the Children: This is a big one. Facebook user Nik Deveroux Foxx mentioned Cena’s Make-a-Wish Foundation work, saying the Superstar “belongs in the book of records” for his philanthropy. Incidentally, Cena’s closing in on his 300th Make-a-Wish visit; when he gets it, he will have fulfilled the most wishes of any celebrity (actors, athletes, etc.) ever.

The WWE Universe cheers "Let's Go Cena" because he isn't The Rock.He Likes Zack Ryder and He Isn’t The Rock: @pothole0222 hashtagged his post #LetsGoCena because “he shows up every night unlike some ‘superstars’! (Lookin at u @TheRock),” and @rsapexcarnivore supports Cena “Cena because “1. I can!!! 2. He is energetic! and 3. He's a broski, like me! #WWWYKI”

Well said, bro.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/why-do-you-chant-let%27s-go-cena-part-1

And now, finally, we hear their voices. Individual voices, mind you, not just a collective mish-mosh of animosity spewed in the brightly-colored direction of John Cena. Yesterday we featured love from the Cenation itself, but we also polled those members of the WWE Universe who boo the Cenation leader, cheer for his doom at the hands of Kane or The Rock, and scrounge up every one of those “Cena Sucks” shirts they can get their hands on. These are the fans who jeer Cena at every turn, who scream bile from the stands and whose brains defensively zoom to a "happy place" whenever Justin Roberts yells that “JOOOOOHHHHHNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNAAAA!!!” is in the building.

So yeah, what we’re basically trying to say is they do not like the guy, and we at WWE.com sorted painstakingly through this intricate tapestry of “Haterade” to pick some of the most telling, passionate and common gripes against Cena. Here’s what they had to say.

The WWE Universe Thinks #CenaSucks Because …

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because they're tired of his routine.They’re Tired of His Shtick: Perhaps the most common complaint among the boobirds was that the Cenation leader has become predictable on the mic and in the ring, and would be better off if he returned to his edgier ways of the early ‘00s. Joseph Fadoir wrote on Facebook, “He's lost his edge. He was better in 2004 when he was hungry for success. Ever since he won his first WWE title it seems he just goes through the motions and certain opponents have to bring the fight out of him … He doesn't have to change his values. Just a few tweaks here and there. He's missing the intensity he once had.” Fadoir finished his well-thought post with a simple “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because he reminds them too much of '80s-era Hulk Hogan.He’s Hulk Hogan All Over Again: In some circles this might not be a bad thing, but it seems the current crop of fans doesn’t take kindly to Cena imitating the Hulkster’s superhuman tendencies from back in the '80s, likening Cena's "Five Moves of Doom" to the Hulk Up-Atomic Leg Drop that would inevitably come at the end of Hogan's matches. To wit, Mike Stewart on Facebook wrote he boos Cena, “Because one Hulk Hogan was enough!”

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because they believe he hogs the spotlight too much.He Hogs the Spotlight: Alternately, Kanisha QueenBee Powell wrote on Facebook that she DOESN’T hate Cena; she just wishes he’d let other guys take the spotlight. “I understand he was the money maker for WWE and he still is because hate him or love him, you come out to see him. I just say let someone else shine because [there] are better and brighter stars.”

On Twitter, @DominicanGlory posted that Cena was “bland” and had been “shoved down [his] throat for almost a decade.” He said some other stuff too, but we can’t really print it here.

And finally, @dcblakglasses tweeted “I don’t hate you, John. I don't even dislike you. I hate this idea that you're the best." Which we’re pretty sure he stole from somebody, though for the life of us we can’t figure out who …

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because they believe he can't wrestleThey Think He Can’t Wrestle: “he can’t even take a bump and he runs like a penguin,” @guidaoust tweeted. For the record, the average foot speed of a penguin is 2.4 mph, so there’s probably a second, hidden insult in there as well.

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because they're torn 50/50 and decided to lean towards the negative.It’s a Matter of Math: “I’m 50/50 so he sucks,” Mikey Mastuzik wrote on Facebook. Um, how are you with logarithms, Mikey?

The WWE Universe thinks "Cena Sucks" because ... well, they just do.Because They Just Do: In the same way that some people just don’t like ice cream, John Cena is just not appealing to a certain sect of the WWE Universe and that’s all there is to it. @Borrachach simply tweeted “#CenaSucks” until he filled up the 140 character limit, pausing only for space breaks.

@MIZfitKrista was much more succinct, tweeting, “@WWEUniverse #CenaSucks and i say that because well....Im a hater.”

And @NutsythaBroski summed it up: “Simple...... cause we've Cenanuff #CenaSucks.”

In all honesty, we’re pretty sure Cena would appreciate the pun.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/why-do-you-chant-cena-sucks-part-2

Good news.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
"These are the fans who cheer Cena at every turn, who scream bile from the stands and whose brains defensively zoom to a "happy place" whenever Justin Roberts yells that “JOOOOOHHHHHNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNAAAA!!!” is in the building."

You gotta love the intensity and power behind those two words that Justin Roberts says. I have to admit, I like Cena just about as much as I like Orton, and that's saying something.

#Let'sGoCena is my side, my choice. However, I do agree that Cena has lost his aggression. I liked him better back when he was in the chain gang! I disagree with the comments that say "Cenas in-ring performance sucks", and "Cena runs away like a coward".

I do love John Cena <3

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Would you welcome a John Cena heel turn @[RKO]?

Even his hardcore fans want that. Maybe not the kids. He definitely is underrated as a wrestler, he's had so many good matches and a lot of great ones too.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
When you watch RAW you think "Nah WWE are going to back out and just have him rise above hate" but then articles like this make you think. They need to make the turn, if they don't it's fatal.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Crayo said:
Would you welcome a John Cena heel turn @[RKO]?

Even his hardcore fans want that. Maybe not the kids. He definitely is underrated as a wrestler, he's had so many good matches and a lot of great ones too.

Quite honestly @[Crayo], I would love John Cena to have a heel change. Maybe then, he will get that ruthless aggression back, and people won't dis him near as much. Honestly, Cena probably had the best Debut into the WWE. (Not winning wise, performance wise), against Kurt Angle. I liked him better when he ran his mouth and got the job done.. Especially to Taker! Cena was a badass.

If Cena had a heel change, which is coming after WWE in my predictions, he will be back to his badass self. I'm really thinking that Cena will face Kane at No Way Out, and that will be the end of the feud. Then Cena will start to lose more and more respect heading up to Wrestlemania. Then he will beat The Rock, do the AA on him, then turn heel a week or two after.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RKO said:
Quite honestly @[Crayo], I would love John Cena to have a heel change. Maybe then, he will get that ruthless aggression back, and people won't dis him near as much. Honestly, Cena probably had the best Debut into the WWE. (Not winning wise, performance wise), against Kurt Angle. I liked him better when he ran his mouth and got the job done.. Especially to Taker! Cena was a badass.

If Cena had a heel change, which is coming after WWE in my predictions, he will be back to his badass self. I'm really thinking that Cena will face Kane at No Way Out, and that will be the end of the feud. Then Cena will start to lose more and more respect heading up to Wrestlemania. Then he will beat The Rock, do the AA on him, then turn heel a week or two after.

Agree with him needing the aggression part, part of it confused me though.

1) Do you mean face Kane at Royal Rumble? I don't think they'll do this, Cena & Kane not being in the rumble isn't wise. It's Kane's match.

2) I don't see it ending straight away either, they've gone too deep to just abandon it after 1 PPV, plus who would Kane or Cena feud with after RR? Of course I could be wrong if WWE do want Cena to be WWE Champion going into WM.

3) Why would he turn heel 2 weeks after wrestlemania? Best place to do it is there and then. Have him beat Rock, Rock goes to shake his hand like Rock & Hogan did years ago for a classic moment, then Cena just AA's him or beats the crap out of him leaving WM as the mega-heel he should be.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
1) Do you mean face Kane at Royal Rumble? I don't think they'll do this, Cena & Kane not being in the rumble isn't wise. It's Kane's match.

Nope, I mean No Way Out. The PPV after Royal Rumble.

Cena won't be in the RR because he will be facing Rock at WM. Or, if he is in the rumble, he will surely not win. You could be right though about Cena turning heel right then and there. My only theory is that Cena will AA The Rock after the match. Then, the next week, come down to the ring and talk about his "Rise above Hate" thing. It's pretty obvious. That's why I said two weeks after WM.

As for Cena and Kanes feud. I'm hoping it last for another 6 weeks or so. I find it pretty interesting now, because Cena is getting way beyon pissed, and as you could see last week, Cena's aggression is starting to come back, but slowly. My question is though, Is this prepairing Cena for WM against The Rock. Also, if Cena wins RR, will he have two matches at WM?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RKO said:

Nope, I mean No Way Out. The PPV after Royal Rumble.

Cena won't be in the RR because he will be facing Rock at WM. Or, if he is in the rumble, he will surely not win. You could be right though about Cena turning heel right then and there. My only theory is that Cena will AA The Rock after the match. Then, the next week, come down to the ring and talk about his "Rise above Hate" thing. It's pretty obvious. That's why I said two weeks after WM.

As for Cena and Kanes feud. I'm hoping it last for another 6 weeks or so. I find it pretty interesting now, because Cena is getting way beyon pissed, and as you could see last week, Cena's aggression is starting to come back, but slowly. My question is though, Is this prepairing Cena for WM against The Rock. Also, if Cena wins RR, will he have two matches at WM?

No Way Out isn't after RR, Elimination chamber is isn't it?

As for Cena, he won't win it but will most likely be in it. Maybe Kane eliminates him, or even Rock.