Angle Shooting: UFC President Dana White Offered Kurt Angle TUF 10 Spot, Not PPV Figh

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
IMG_1868_650_large.jpg
Search Google for "Kurt Angle UFC" and you'll come back with hits as far back as 2006. The former WWE superstar and current TNA heavyweight champion has bragged about Dana White offering him contracts to fight in the UFC. In the latest iteration, Angle claims that White offered him a pay-per-view fight against Kimbo Slice.

White spoke with MMA Junkie about Angle's latest braggadocio. While he denies the PPV claim, Kurt Angle was closer to fighting in the UFC than one might think:

"What I offered him was, I said, 'Come over here. I'll put you on 'The Ultimate Fighter,''" White said. "The season Kimbo Slice was on, I was going to put him on 'The Ultimate Fighter.' He wanted to do it.

"We worked out a deal, but he didn't pass the medicals."

Angle famously made the 1996 Olympic Wrestling Team despite fracturing two of his cervical verterbrae, herniating two discs, and pulling four muscles. He would go on, with the help of pain-reducing injections, to win the gold medal. Those neck problems continued through his pro wrestling career. After allegations that he received prescriptions for the steroid trenbolone, Angle noted that he had broken verterbrae five times in his career.