Angelina Jolie rejects Salt 2 script

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The Angelina Jolie-led action thriller Salt was a surprisingly bit hi when it opened in the summer of 2010, holding its own against male-led action films like The Expendables and Prince of Persia and reaffirming Jolie's importance as a female action star. And while a sequel was put into development pretty quickly, it's been quiet ever since then, with nothing but word that the sequel was in process and Philip Noyce would not be returning to direct it.

Now Jolie herself may have put another obstacle in the film's way. Moviehole reports that Jolie has turned down the recent script drafted by Kurt Wimmer, and the writer is now reshaping it to hopefully come up with a draft that makes the actress happy. Jolie has seemed committed to the film in the past-- and it's her vehicle, so she can shape it however she likes-- but the longer they wait to put something together, the less likely it may become that the movie happens. Jolie is plenty in demand, of course, and she's getting ready to play the Disney villainess Maleficent, with plenty of other projects also on the docket. Is she always going to be able to make time for Salt 2?

I enjoyed the original movie a lot, as a kind of breath-of-fresh-air alternative to the superhero movies and franchises that generally dominate the summer, and I've been holding out hope that the sequel would come together. But the longer they wait, the less likely it seems. If you're also hoping the movie happens, cross your fingers that a better draft makes its way to Jolie soon.

I am hopeful something will get done because she was awesome in that role. I am glad she won't do it just to do it though.

Swinny

Reaction score
She was awesome in the role? I thought she was lackluster and terribly miscast myself, didn't buy her in the role, and the movie was nothing more than a generic conspiracy thriller in my eyes, so I'm not gonna be crying over no sequel. :tongue1:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I thought she did very well in the role. It wasn't as good as Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but still a good action movie. It was kind of (to me) Bourne in a female body.