Andre Pederneiras Wants Clarification on Kenny Florian Elbows at UFC 131

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
11_florian_vs_nunes_006_large.jpg
Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras spoke to Tatame regarding the Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes matchup at UFC 131, and had some interesting comments regarding the fight. He believes that Nunes dropped the decision due to blood loss, and the cuts were opened up by the elbows Kenny Florian threw. He's not making excuses for his fighter, but apparently he would like to know if they were legal or not:

"Diego started ok, he won the first round and got a knockdown. After that, I guess the cuts on head and the great blood loss were undermining his resistance, because he was doing great on the training and he was ready to fight three rounds", said the coach, commenting on the elbows hit by the American athlete.

Those elbows, the way I see it, for where they hit him, should be reanalyzed... I’m not taking Kenny Florian’s credits for the win, not at all, but I took some pictures of Diego’s head, and I want to send it to UFC, asking them if those spots are legal. I don’t want them to change the result of the fight, because Florian was better and earned it, but I want to know if it’s legal so that I can tell my students to do it. Sometimes the rules change and we lose a fight for a silly detail."

The last part is particularly interesting. Since the UFC is not the organization that handles implementation of rules, why would Dede send the pictures to them? The Vancouver Athletic Commission would probably be the most logical choice to review this with, but are they really going to help clear this up for him? Or is it just a veiled excuse for his fighter?