Anderson Silva Wins GQ Brazil's Sportsman Of The Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"It was an historic year for the Mixed Martial Arts - the sport exploded in popularity on prime time TV - and especially for Anderson Silva. By defending his middleweight belt for the ninth time, The Spider won the fight of the year against Japan's Yushin Okami in Brazil, and was proclaimed the greatest athlete in the history of MMA.

"I know that my victories helped the success in the sport. I'm glad that people talk on the streets, that the academies sing up new students. We need new idols," says the 36 year old fighter.

"I'm really nervous to be up here," joked Silva from the Copacabana Palace. "I represent you when you're in a fight, OK? "

"For us, OK!"

Fightline.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This shows how big MMA is now that he can be named the top sportsmen especially ahead of all the soccer players they have in Brazil.