Anderson Silva to Grace UFC Undisputed 3 Cover

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was revealed as the cover athlete for THQ's UFC Undisputed 3 at the second day of the UFC Fan Expo in Houston, Texas. Silva won the honor in a fan vote, beating out fellow champions Frankie Edgar, Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones, and Cain Velasquez.

"This is, for me, a big dream," Silva said. "I'm so happy."

Silva is the most dominant fighter in the history of the UFC. He is undefeated in fourteen fights, and he holds UFC records for most consecutive victories, most wins in title belts, and most consecutive title defenses. He avenged his most recent loss -- a first-round disqualification against Yushin Okami in January of 2006 -- at UFC 134, knocking Okami out just past the two-minute mark of round two.

UFC Undisputed 3 is expected to be released on January 3, 2012. The third installment of THQ's series features "Pride Mode" allowing users to fight under Pride rules and in the Pride ring, an updated submission system, and fighter entrances.