Anderson Silva Speaks On Possible Superfight With GSP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva made it known to those listening to ESPN LA710AM recently that he is willing to take a fight with Georges St-Pierre before he retires from MMA. Currently, Silva is on tap to meet Chael Sonnen this summer.

"GSP is the best fight (for me) in this sport," Silva said. "It would be a great, great, great fight. He is a good guy. Maybe one day, this is a good fight."

St-Pierre is rehabbing from knee surgery, and will likely face Carlos Condit to unify the UFC welterweight title in his return bout. Both men have talked about the fight before, but it remains unclear if anything will come about.

As for any chance of a Silva-Jon Jones bout, "The Spider" quickly eliminated those talks, saying, "The fight between me and JJ is no good, he is a different (weight) class. In my camp we have (light heavyweights Antonio Rogerio) 'Minotauro' Nogueira and Lyoto Machida."

As much as i would like to see this fight, i just can't picture everything ever falling into place to make it happen.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I noticed something interesting in that quote that Sonnen alluded to about his cherry picking and shit opponents -

As for any chance of a Silva-Jon Jones bout, "The Spider" quickly eliminated those talks, saying, "The fight between me and JJ is no good, he is a different (weight) class. In my camp we have (light heavyweights Antonio Rogerio) 'Minotauro' Nogueira and Lyoto Machida."

So it's ok to fight someone in a weight class below, but no chance of fighting the top guy above?

What a transparent bastard, seriously.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Anderson vs. GSP would still be an intriguing fight.

Anderson vs. JJ... honestly... JJ hasn't proven himself enough to earn that shot. Anderson has cleared out his division already. He has faced off against the best and has beaten them.

While Jon Jones has done impressive thus far he still has Rashad and Hendo to contend with. If he can get past those two... then I would see there being more of a viable reason for an Anderson Silva/Jon Jones fight. I wouldn't consider it running from him but more... just he isn't proven yet. And we know Silva can compete at light heavy but... there isn't a reason for him to do it against JJ. More of a reason to fight GSP... and that is if GSP beats Condit.