Anderson Silva Says Chael Sonnen Is Bad For The Sport, Lacks Respect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen are expected to fight this summer for the UFC Middleweight Title, for a second time, and there will be no love lost when the two step in the cage again.

Sonnen gave Silva all he could handle at UFC 117 in August 2010 but the Champion still submitted the challenger in the final stanza to secure the title.

Since then Sonnen has continued to bash Silva in the press while Silva has stayed relatively quiet but this week while speaking with ESPN UK he discussed his displeasure with Sonnen's ways:

"Chael has good wrestling. The first fight, I broke my ribs, I fought with broken ribs. But that's okay, I finished the fight and I win. But this time I am ready. I am training hard, this is a different fight.

"My opinion for Chael is that this guy does not respect nothing. This time in this sport is very important. The people watching the UFC, the people that watch Chael Sonnen talking, they are like 'What? What is this sport? I don't like this sport. This guy doesn't respect nothing.'

"I understand sometimes you need to promote the fight but, I don't know. Chael talks about my people in Brazil, about my wife, about the older fighters. It's his problem, it's no good, it's no good promotion, this is a sport.

"I love my sport. I love it and I respect the older people and the older fighters of the sport. This is a great time for the sport. But Chael maybe does not understand this, his problem is he talks too much. It is no good."

-mmanews.com