Anderson Silva Plans On Fighting Six Or Seven More Years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Despite saying in the past that he doesn't plan on fighting much longer, Anderson Silva appears to have had a change of heart.

Silva was a guest on the Brazilian television show "De frent com Gabi," and when asked about when he planned on retiring from fighting Silva gave the following reply:

"I'll fight for another six or seven years and then I'll stop. I stopped to think about it and I'll postpone my retirement for a little longer. Then I'll think about TV. I guess it's interesting."

MMANews.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
!!!

I remember reports coming out a couple of years ago that he was basically finished once his latest contract ended. Good to see that he has had a change of heart. He is still clearly the best fighter in the division and he should keep fighting whilst he is a class above all the contenders.

Ben

Reaction score
His manager said after the last fight he had 4 fights left so who knows.

Basically want to see him go out on top, don't need him to stick around and go out like Chuck Liddel. At most he should fight Sonnen again, and then move up to 205 or just retire.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i'm not too sure. I'm not gonna read too much into it. I really don't think he's going to move up to 205, i think he'll run out his current contract and retire as champion.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hes been saying for ages he wants to leave and box Roy Jones Jr, which is ridiculous in itself considering how shot RJJ is now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
His manager said after the last fight he had 4 fights left so who knows.

Basically want to see him go out on top, don't need him to stick around and go out like Chuck Liddel. At most he should fight Sonnen again, and then move up to 205 or just retire.

I agree. I don't want him to continue on longer than he should but that doesn't look like an issue for now as he is defeating top fighters with ease. I agree that Sonnen should be next and then he should wait until a true contender presents themself. Does the winner of Bisping and Mayhem get a title shot?