Anderson Silva Fires Back at Chael Sonnen, Comments on Antics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
008_AndersonSilva_large.jpg
In an interview with Brazilian journalist and interviewer Marilia Gabriela, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva responded to the antics of Chael Sonnen, stating that Sonnen "does not deserve to fight me". He went on to talk about his feelings on Sonnen's over-the-top comments and behavior:

I didn't get to where I'm at by being arrogant or provoking someone. By doing these antics he ends up denigrating the image of the sport. There's no room for that in this sport. The most important thing he did not do, which was to beat me. He even failed in a drug test, which is worse. (Translation by Tom Mendes)

I'm sure this doesn't calm the crowd that believes Silva needs to face Sonnen, but the decision ultimately comes down to what the UFC wants. Business drives the UFC's revenues, and Sonnen vs. Silva II could be a huge money-making opportunity with the right lead-up and marketing. It's going to happen whether Silva and his manager Ed Soares like it or not.

Silva also talks about his admiration for Vitor Belfort, possibly getting into television after he retires, and how the ladies have always been attracted to him.