An Interview With a Hardcore "True Metal" Musician

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Local Metal Band Is “Too Metalâ€

Bob’s Metal Fanzine sat down with local artist Steven Cuthroat (real name Cutler) to talk about his unique vision of music and the music industry.

Bob: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

Steven: Well you know I don’t normally make mainstream appearances, but you’re true metal enough.

Bob: Well I’m honored, thanks for saying that.

Steven: Don’t say that, that’s not metal.

Bob: Sorry. So first I wanted to talk about your band. What’s the name again?

Steven: Well we don’t really have a name. I mean the whole “name†thing is so trendy. I mean who wants to have to conform to what their name is? I just wanna be free to play the heaviest most brutal metal ever.

Bob: So you don’t have a name?

Steven: I guess all those years of headbanging have made you go deaf, no we don’t have a name.

Bob: Well then, lets talk about some of your bands musical influences.

Steven: All of the bands we are influenced by aren’t really known to the mainstream populous so my listing them would be quite pointless. Besides if all 10 of your readers start listening to them, I’m going to have to stop because they wont be underground anymore.

Bob: Fair enough. Let’s get some thoughts on some more popular bands. What do you think of Slayer?

Steven: Oh man I used to love Slayer! I remember I used to jam with those fuckers back in California when the shit was real and metal was just exploding everywhere during the 1980’s. I was actually tapped to be in the band as their lead singer until they got that fascist, conformist pig Tom Araya.

Bob: You don’t like Tom Araya? Many people consider him to be one of the founding fathers of the trash movement.

Steven: And therein lies the problem. Once you become a “movement†you lose all connection to your REAL fans, and you have to pander to the posers who are along for the ride. Sure, they may like the music you put out, but as a band, it is your duty to stay true to the REAL fans who were there with you from your first gig. Those are your REAL fans.

Bob: I’ve never heard it put like that before.

Steven: Yeah I hear that a lot. And another thing, Tom’s vocals are just shit. I mean the guys voice is so high, like a yelping dog. There is NO BALLS in his voice. He sounds like the pansy Bruce Dickenson.

Bob: What you don’t like Iron Maiden either?

Steven: Shit no! That band totally turned its back on its real fans when they left England. I mean really, to stay true to the fans that made you, you gotta be with them at all times. They totally dissed the people over in Limeyland and sold out to make more money in the States.

Bob: Well what about Pantera, everyone loves Pantera.

Steven: I liked Pantera back in the day before they started sucking off corporate America and released an album. I mean really, when you start charging people for your music, you are totally selling out. And that’s what they and so many other really good bands did.

Bob: What about live shows, don’t you put on live shows?

Steven: All the time. We have 3 coming up in one day this Saturday.

Bob: 3 in one day? Wow!

Steven: It’s not really a big deal. We love to play, you know? I mean you aren’t TRUE metal if you don’t play at least 3 times a day, you’re not real metal.

Bob: But don’t you charge people to get into your shows?

Steven: No, we put everyone on the guest list. Because like I said before once you start charging people for your art, you’re a sellout, and I’m not a sellout. And our crowds are only like 5 people anyway so the venue doesn’t usually care.

Bob: 5 people?

Steven: Well yea. When you’re keeping it metal, you need a hardcore fan base. Any more than 5 people and you’re gonna have to start giving the people something when they are supposed to be there for YOU. That’s what most people don’t get. You need to remember, this is about YOU and YOUR band. Not some suits at a radio station, not some Blue fan who thinks he knows what your band should play, its about YOU. That’s why we don’t take requests and we don’t make dedications, unless its to one of our personal heroes.

Bob: Do you have one?

Steven: Yeah Adolph Hitler. I mean really the guy has been totally bastardized in the media for having different beliefs.

Bob: What about the Holocaust?

Steven: Look that was a long time ago. Nobody really knows what happened that long ago anyway.

Bob: Alright…..thanks…..

Steven: Remember, don’t EVER say “thank you†it’s not metal!

Bob: Yeah….

Yeah i got so bored at work today. I got the idea after I joined this website called blabbermouth. The metal fans there just Blue.