Kayfabe An Inside Look: Training with Jack Rogue

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
*With four days until Bad Blood, a video is uploaded to the Precision YouTube channel titled "An Inside Look: Training with Jack Rogue". It opens with a blurry background of a gym, and a bench press with 100lbs on the bar. Rogue enters the frame with earphones in and gym gear on. Jack drinks some water from a label-less clear bottle and prepares to lift, as a voiceover of his own voice begins*

Jack: Right now there are four days left before I wrestle for the Precision Championship at Bad Blood. I've claimed multiple times that I've never been more ready for a match in my life, and this is why. I began a workout regimen the night I became #1 contender with vigour I've never had before, motivated with pure fire. For weeks on end while I was in the throes of that psychosis, I worked out little if at all, anything I did was heavy weight-based, and did just about nothing. Now, I'm in the best shape of my life. I am strong, fast and nimble like I've never been before. The lack of endurance that has affected me before has, as an issue, vanished.

*Rogue slowly lowers the bar on his twentieth rep and appears happy with his effort as the video fades into a different scene. Jack is jogging quickly on a treadmill, sweating profusely but keeping his breathing controlled and his eyes dead ahead of him. The camera begins directly in front, but pans slowly to behind him*

Jack: But no match has ever been just a physical affair. Few men in pro wrestling history have ever fought a mental battle like Andersen Vega. He knows my weaknesses better than anyone but me, but my greatest weapon is that I'm not going to give him the time of day. I don't care about him anymore, because I'm over everything he did to me. He has no power to get into my head. My greatest weapon is focus. I've thought about nothing but how and why I'm going to win at Bad Blood for days. When I get there, it'll feel like I was created to win this match, on this night.

*The camera finishes its pan to show that Jack was looking at a picture of Vega with the Precision title, pinned to a nearby machine. He is now sprinting, his eyes fixed on the poster, as the shot fades again. Now, Rogue is seen midway through a battling ropes exercise, lifting and pounding down the heavy ropes with speed and force*

Jack: Vega has said that he's past his best, but it's more of his mind games. You'd think complacency would be the last of my problems, and you'd be right, but Andersen seems to think me susceptible. He's relying on me not focussing on his abilities, and just because I've moved on from his torture doesn't mean he's not in the centre of my mental crosshairs as an opponent. The world will witness an all time great pro wrestling performance from me on Saturday. It'd almost feel weird to say that because of how low I've been before, but I believe it with every fibre of my being. Struggle has strengthened me no end, and while I'll inevitably meet it again and fall from where I am, right now I am at the top of my game and ready to take on the world. And that includes him.

*The frame fades again to a wide shot of a ring, containing Rogue and a sparring partner, who get to work at high pace, with Jack slipping from holds and controlling the pace with ease*

Jack: This ring is my domain, the canvas for my art. At Bad Blood, I will own it, and nothing will force me from it without that title. Gold is my only pinnacle. Gold is my only pinnacle. Some people care deeply about winning great rivalries, proving themselves better than someone else they hate. Some want to stick around the longest, or wrestle all the big shows, go to the most places. To me, only championships matter. And as far as I'm concerned, my Intercontinental Championship reign, that I had to cheat and sneak to get and never successfully defended, hardly counts. This Precision Championship match is my ascension to the summit at last. Yes, it's a new title, I say "great" - it will be my banner of war on evil and dishonour in professional wrestling, and my most prized possession until my name is tied to it indelibly.

*For the last time, a new scene is introduced by the fade. This is a closeup of a worn out Jack on a bench in the gym, a white towel over his shoulders*

Jack: There are four days to go until the biggest match of my life, and I'm ready. Andersen - I will kick your head clean off your shoulders, and harder even than I have before. And it will dawn a new era in Precision. For the first time, this show will have not a false figurehead, not a self-proclaimed King... but a true, proud, fighting champion.

*Jack's expression is utterly determined as the video fades out*

-End of segment-