American Horror Story: Freak Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? I haven't seen the first 3 seasons of AHS but decided to give this one a chance (it's an anthology format) since it has circus freaks... and a fucking clown that scares people shitless. Good cast too.

Two episodes in, and shit's good.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I have watched every season and I absolutely love this show.. I only have one problem this season, I have a clown phobia so I have to look away whenever that dude is on the screen.. so I've missed a bit of the killing. I like what they are doing every season, bringing the same cast back but in different settings each season.. very good concept and it definitely works.

Reactions: Bort

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I have watched every season and I absolutely love this show.. I only have one problem this season, I have a clown phobia so I have to look away whenever that dude is on the screen.. so I've missed a bit of the killing. I like what they are doing every season, bringing the same cast back but in different settings each season.. very good concept and it definitely works.
I think most people hate clowns and it makes the horror element even better for it, I can't stand them.

The show has been amazing so far, a huge breath of fresh air after a shitty made for tv style horror movie last year (i know it's tv, but still, it was cheesy and poorly written) This season, however, has been just perfect. Great acting, awesome plot movement, and my favorite part is how they really humanized the characters, even just starting at the end of episode one with the legs. Really looking forward to this season..

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think most people hate clowns and it makes the horror element even better for it, I can't stand them.

The show has been amazing so far, a huge breath of fresh air after a shitty made for tv style horror movie last year (i know it's tv, but still, it was cheesy and poorly written) This season, however, has been just perfect. Great acting, awesome plot movement, and my favorite part is how they really humanized the characters, even just starting at the end of episode one with the legs. Really looking forward to this season..

Yeah, I think they were aiming for more female viewers last year, obviously, but the one thing I really, really enjoyed in Coven were the interactions between the characters played by Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, and Angela Bassett.. the acting was phenomenal between the 3 of them.

I am looking forward to the rest of this season as well.. even with that fucking clown running around.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Loved seasons 1 and 2, particularly 2. S3 was awful IMO for a bunch if different reasons.

Haven't started in on S4 yet but I am fairly excited for it.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Like I said in the OP, I haven't seen any of the three previous seasons so I gotta ask, is the show always this goofy and easy-going, despite being a horror? Because, that's EXACTLY why I seem to dig AHS, such a fun concept.

I gotta hop on Murder House ASAP.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Like I said in the OP, I haven't seen any of the three previous seasons so I gotta ask, is the show always this goofy and easy-going, despite being a horror? Because, that's EXACTLY why I seem to dig AHS, such a fun concept.

I gotta hop on Murder House ASAP.

Yes, it definitely has the humor mixed in and is very nonchalant about how things go down... Like D'Z said seasons 1 and 2 were excellent and season 3 was just okay as it was geared more toward women.. being a coven of witches and all that, but it still had it's moments and I enjoyed it anyway. I knew it was going to be something special halfway through season 1.. it was the most unique thing on TV and it still is today.

If you need links to watch the previous seasons just let me know and I'll link you to a site with every episode thus far.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Yes, it definitely has the humor mixed in and is very nonchalant about how things go down... Like D'Z said seasons 1 and 2 were excellent and season 3 was just okay as it was geared more toward women.. being a coven of witches and all that, but it still had it's moments and I enjoyed it anyway. I knew it was going to be something special halfway through season 1.. it was the most unique thing on TV and it still is today.

Yeah, I love the constant "creepy" score they're feeding us with. There ARE things and loops that don't make sense, but the showrunners just don't care much, and I think that's the part of the charm.

Look at this poor prick just lying down with his hands doing nothing while the clown is ripping him apart, lol:

9p2dUoC.gif

I also love how they use the songs from the far future, and Ryan Murphy said they did it for every episode, lol.

Oh, and remember to brush your teeth, otherwise
4Ft1YxB.gif

If you need links to watch the previous seasons just let me know and I'll link you to a site with every episode thus far.

Nah, thanks but they're all on KAT, easy access and fast download.

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the constant "creepy" score they're feeding us with. There ARE things and loops that don't make sense, but the showrunners just don't care much, and I think that's the part of the charm.

Look at this poor prick just lying down with his hands doing nothing while the clown is ripping him apart, lol:

9p2dUoC.gif

I also love how they use the songs from the far future, and Ryan Murphy said they did it for every episode, lol.

Oh, and remember to brush your teeth, otherwise
4Ft1YxB.gif

Nah, thanks but they're all on KAT, easy access and fast download.
Funny for the hilarious clown part.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Anyone caught S3? I liked it. Kathy Bates did a great job with her character. Twisty did not get much air time, but he delivered.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
E4 thoughts:

This was easily 10/10 episode for me. Goofy as fuck, terrifying at moments, we got to see everyone's backstory, and we lost Twisty only to get the new one, way way crazier and way more dangerous.
Jimmy is such an awesome character, that's how you write a tragic persona. That feelgood moment with the residents coming to meet with the freaks was beautiful.

So it looks like part one of the season is over, can't wait to see what they got in store next.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I'm two episodes behind. Watched the second episode yesterday, definitely enjoying the show and am really excited to see where it goes.