Amazon selling licensed fanfiction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wasn't entirely sure where to put this but stuck it in here sicne it relates to various media like Warner Brothers.
Well, this is bizarre. Amazon has announced Kindle Worlds, which it calls a "place for you to publish fan fiction inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games".
You might be thinking, well, there already is a place, and that place is the internet, but they key here is that Amazon has signed deals with companies like Warner Bros. so that it can sell your fan-fiction, and that you can make royalties off it.

It's a fantastic idea, one that embraces the fan community and lets them make a buck or two from both their talents and their love of a property/universe.

After that they discuss the same possibility with game modding.

Anyways, Amazon is going to make so much money off of homo erotic Harry Potter fanfics.

Kotaku

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
It depends what kind of fanfiction they'll be selling. I've read some and while some of it can be better than the actual show/movie, some of it can be downright terrible. I wonder if they would have a panel to critique the writing so that only the best would be sold or if they'd sell anything. Either way, it's a great opportunity for the fans who do writing of their own to get their work out there and make some profit off of it.