Always honest, Forrest Griffin tells Sherdog he's anticipating a difficult weight cut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
1116628_bin.jpg
Always honest, Forrest Griffin tells Sherdog he's anticipating a difficult weight cut and conditioning issues for his upcoming fight in Rio against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua:

"I definitely put on more weight than I would like," Griffin told Sherdog.com. "I need to cut weight and it won’t be easy. I’ll have a lot of problems until the fight in Brazil, but I’ve gotta do it. I don’t want to fight at heavyweight, so I gotta cut that f--king weight."

"He’s one of the best fighters ever," Griffin said of his opponent, who he submitted in September 2007. "He has a blitz style. He goes forward. He’s dangerous. I gotta make him move backward and let’s see what happens. I want to go hard for all 15 minutes of the fight."

"It’s difficult to adjust yourself [to another country]," said Griffin. "There’s the jetlag thing, and it’s difficult to make weight since Brazil doesn’t have the distilled water I use in the U.S. and the food I need to eat. It’s always difficult to change your routine when you go to another country. I feel stupid because I can’t communicate with people from the hotels and can’t even say how I want my eggs. It’s clearly a pain in the ass."

UFC 134: Rio coverage