Alistair Overeem on Fabricio Werdum: 'I’ll Be Looking for the Knockout From the First

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
43f63_Fabricio-Werdum-Alistair-Overeem-Pride-1_large.jpg
The rematch between Alistair Overeem and Fabricio Werdum is happening this weekend, and The Reem promises it won't look anything like their first encounter. The Strikeforce Heavyweight champion talked to mmaweekly about it:

"This fight is going to be different than the last time. You’re going to see a way more aggressive Alistair Overeem, and I’ll be looking for the knockout from the first second. I have a lot of motivation, believe me. I’m just happy. I’m just happy this fight is happening. I wanted to fight Fabricio then the tournament came around, for me and excellent opportunity to fight him. I’m motivated, you’re going to see that next week exactly how motivated I am."

"Of course he’s been training for my weapons, for my arsenal and I believe he’s confident, I’m very confident. It’s going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. Let’s just say I’m ready. I feel ready, I’ve been ready for a couple of weeks now and I’m just very eager to step in the cage and show all the fans what I got."

Both fighters have improved drastically since their first bout back in 2006, but with their HWGP bout approaching, odds-makers still have Overeem as a huge favorite (-313) to win the rematch and advance to the next round of the Grand Prix.

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum