Alicia Fox talks 2019 WWE house show incident/WWE Departure

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fzpc-6saeaeca9u.webp

Alicia Fox opened up about the house show incident in February of 2019 that ultimately led to her going to rehab.

In a Twitch stream that aired on Friday, Fox talked about needing to get out of the business before “it killed her”, citing her issues with alcohol. In the stream, she thanked WWE for “paying for her sobriety”, saying that the house show incident in which she appeared intoxicated while wrestling a match changed her life.

“It actually changed my whole life,” she said. “This is what got me into rehab, which I’m forever grateful. Forever grateful that company had that support.”

Fox said the match she was supposed to be in got changed at the last minute, causing her to stress out. Fox said that after the match. she was given a “field sobriety test” by WWE medical staff where other WWE stars walked in.

“I guess the rumor mill is everyone was saying I looked drunk, I look like I’m bumping crazy. I have no idea. I’m in the match, guys. I don’t know," she said. "I was kinda rushed and stressed about changing the match...I don’t know what’s going on. Here’s where the mic drops. I don’t really know how to put this. But this is true. By the time I got out of my match and I’m being taken out by the medical team...and they give me a field sobriety test in the training room and it’s like no Arn, no producer, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman are like popping their heads in there, they’re like asking me what day it is, what city we’re in...I felt like such a failure.”

Fox said that the producers had no idea where she was, and felt like she didn’t have any protection and felt embarassed by her co-workers. She said she has not contacted Anderson since the incident. It was reported that Arn Anderson was fired from WWE for letting Fox work the match while appearing to be intoxicated.

“I still haven’t even been able to talk to him about this. And that was a bridge built water deep, I don’t know. And I went to the locker room, I packed up my stuff, and the girls came in acting all like they didn’t know what was going on.”

She also accused WWE of exploiting her family’s drinking problems to use for the Total Divas reality show.

“I’ve also experienced this Total Diva living and reality and trying to pay my bills. Yeah, sure, I’ll do a storyline about my family and exploit them and their drinking problems. No problem. Then I’ll go cry in another diva’s podcast.”

Fox announced back in May that she was no longer under WWE contract. Following the house show incident in 2019, she returned that April but was later taken off the road permanently, only making sporadic appearances on WWE television prior to her release.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I miss Fox a lot. She was extremely fun as a character and quite underrated in the ring in my opinion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alicia Fox talked about miscommunication in the days prior to her WWE contract expiring.

Fox talked to Ring The Belle about her departure from WWE, saying that her contract with WWE expired around April 25. Fox at the time thought she would get a ‘statement of support’ from WWE upon her release, but WWE never announced Fox's departure or made comment on it.

“I thought maybe [on] my release date, they would give me a statement of support saying, well, [she's] gone,” she said. “No, no nothing. I don’t know. I just felt bad, you know? I felt sad for every miscommunication.”

Fox also talked about being made a ‘legend’, appearing on a t-shirt with other WWE legends after being taken off the road in 2019. She said she was unaware of the move being made.

“I was like, why is my head on this shirt? Are you going to legend me up? It’s not even fair. I got phone calls that were like ‘are you retired?’ I’m like, I got my first merch. Sure, okay, whatever.”

Fox announced on social media in May that she was no longer under WWE contract. She will make an appearance for Reality of Wrestling’s Summer of Champions event on July 15.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler