Aleksander Emelianenko Trashes Fedor's Coaches Following Loss to Dan Henderson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
1268785962_x_bde40eec_large.jpg
One of the few bright spots that were talked about during Fedor Emelianenko's preparations for his Strikeforce bout against Dan Henderson, was him re-uniting with his brother Aleksander. The two had a falling-out of sorts, and after two straight losses for Fedor, they mended fences and trained together again.

Shortly after his brother's loss though, Aleks spoke out and had some harsh words for Fedor's coaches. He talked to LifeSports.ru about it, in a phone interview (translated by Fighters Only):

"They sat like two amoebas, and did not know what to say. They were asked direct questions and would say, "It is difficult to say… we will see in the fight," - what kind of a coach says that? Only one who doesn’t understand the sport. I just call them ‘Stopwatch’ and ‘Towel’. That's as much use as they are, that's it,"

"[MMA] is constantly improving, but ‘Stopwatch’ and ‘Towel’ have not changed anything in the program - just frozen in time and not been able to develop the base that Fedor already has. Fedor could train himself, he must take on it personally, to rethink many of the training points to learn and develop. Suffer and work!

"We'll talk with Fedor - whether he wants to change something in his preparation. If he wants to, I will make the effort."

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson