Aldo's Coach: Edgar Would Lose His Main Advantage If He Drops Weight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
After the loss of the UFC lightweight belt, Dana White suggested that Frankie Edgar should move down to featherweight division where he would fight guys of similar size and strength. White’s hint makes added sense in light of the fact that Aldo hasn’t been offered challenges at his own level of late and is cleaning the division out without running much risk. Frankie is a very talented fighter and is known for never giving up when facing tough moments in fights, often handing his adversaries come-from-behind losses. But for Nova Uniao leader and head coach André Pederneiras, Edgar would lose his best weapon if he decides to take White’s advice and move to the 145lbs category. “The biggest advantage that Edgar has he would lose at 66kg, that is his speed. Aldo keeps the belt,” he wrote on Twitter when asked for a prediction for the featured bout. Jose Aldo has no opponent scheduled at the present time. He is coming off a stunning KO victory over Chad Mendes at UFC 142 in January.

I don't think it's so much that he'd lose his speed. He'd just be facing fighters who are as fast. It would be Aldo's toughest competition to date and i really think that Frankie's footwork and overall octagon awareness is what's going to help Frankie if he does end up dropping down to Featherweight.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It would definitely be interesting to see how Frankie would perform... but he would need to drop weight properly to get a real idea of how he would do.