Alberto del Rio Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What did he do tho, was he in ring?
Pre-recorded video message of him putting over the promotion and it ended with a #FreeRey caption

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What did he do tho, was he in ring?
No their video showed about him wanting to come to AAA. Vince will prob be a dick and auto renew his deal another year lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No their video showed about him wanting to come to AAA. Vince will prob be a dick and auto renew his deal another year lol
Could see that happening, not sure why though, didn't really help them out by tying Brock Lesnar in court for 2 years. Should just let him go, nnot like he is going to be some game changer at this stage of his career.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Would be for the merch I assume. Not sure if he still is, but I've always heard Rey pulling in a lot of money for WWE because he has a mask, but I don't know the numbers or anything.

Or just to be a dick for laughs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would be for the merch I assume. Not sure if he still is, but I've always heard Rey pulling in a lot of money for WWE because he has a mask, but I don't know the numbers or anything.

Or just to be a dick for laughs.
I'd go with the latter.

Think he was at number 4 in sales merch last quarter. Could be wrong, someone usually brings up that shit better than I could. If it was just based on masks, then you could easily replace him, but I doubt it's just that, he just has a way of connecting to children and I doubt the Sin Caras or Kalitos could do the same. Should just call it a day with Mysterio and push the shit out of some other guy. If this was back in the 80s, Vince would've fired Rey along time ago and just made a knockoff version like he did to Seargent Slaughter with Corpoal Kirchner.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah he was still 4 after missing 19 months. He moves shirts and shit besides mask to without even being on screen.

I think both of them would be better off all sitting down, but to me personally they need to be realistic. Rey is the one guy who should be working a HBK lite schedule where he does TV and doesn't do house shows. Every time he returns he goes full tilt and goes down, then they hit the wall with one another. Rey's never been a bigger star, nor could be without Vince's help, likewise Vince has never had a lucha or little guy like him get so over and be credible enough to beat anyone. I don't think Rey suits aaa, JJ, or TNA personally and they in turn would only waste him

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Konnan would run him into the ground like he did Art Barr and try blame WWE for it.