Age of the Fall newest member??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

[yt]-uAaIChYscg[/yt]

Word leaked out of TAOTF camp that this man is known to national TV audiences.

I'd have to think its Joey Mercury/Matthews returning to ROH. Although jacobs did look up.

For some reason when i watched the video i thought dempsey, but idk what i was thinking.

PeepShow

What makes you think it's going to be Matthews? Is there other news Im'm missing out on?

Montana

He's like a ROH original, and now he's been floating around the indys. I cant see Chris Harris or Low Ki fitting in ROH. By "national" audience i would assume wwe/tna. Other names floating around Masters, Eugene, and X pac, but i doubt they would fit in.

Hmm, it would be nuts if it was christopher daniels, but i think thats wishful thinking.

PeepShow

Nah, I don't think it can be Daniels. I thought that TNA contracted talent couldn't wrestling ROH. And I just can't see Masters, Eugene or Pac going to ROH. I don't think Matthews would be that bad of an addition. I actually think he would fit in well, especially with the Age of the Fall. I just didn't know where you came up with it, but after you said he's been in the indy's (which I didn't know about), it makes a lot more sense.

Montana

I reason i said daniels was because i thought tna had something goin on about allowing contracted wrestlers out of their contract if they wanted. Low ki is PWG champ now too, sooo who knows, but again, like i said wishful thinking. I think both matthews and daniels would fit, but Joey more likely.

Rell

Reaction score
Its either Josh Abercrombie, Marek Brave (Tyler Blacks partner from "Black & The Brave") or Brodie Lee. They say its someone who has "suffered" in the past, Joey doesnt fit the description unless they will mention his WWE drug problems, which isnt something ROH would likely do.

Dont be surprised if its Lee, I mean Jimmy did look up and Brodie Lee is pretty huge. It better not be someone like Nate Webb or Homeless Jimmy :rolleyes:

Montana

I would have though marek brave too, but they said it was a star on a national television.

and it wasnt just me that noticed he looked up, and the camera panned back.

Soulpower

Joey doesnt fit the description unless they will mention his WWE drug problems, which isnt something ROH would likely do.

No, but they can say that he Matthews/Mercury was released after the injury he suffered in the Ladder match at Armaggedon. Think about it, he almost loses his face... And what's his reward? HE GETS RELEASED!

Its reason enough to be pissed off at someone.

Rell

Reaction score
I forgot about that, his eye looked like shit. I still hope you're wrong though, I mean Joey Mercury...I never liked him in ECW with Christian York, I never liked him in ROH, I never liked him in WWE...well, you get the picture.

Adampro123

Reaction score
I like the idea of it being joey matthews. i don't know as many indy guys as most of you so i probably would guess him.

then again you never know it could be chris harris if he hasn't signed with WWE beings he has complained on TV about TNA.

Ron killings if he isn't gonna sign with TNA although he wouldn't fit in.

Low ki. but i hear he and ROH have major issues.

Jerry lynn. a guys that doesn't fit in into what is going in in TNA right now.

and a far out guess would be nick densmore...hey anything is possible...

Montana

[yt]xXttjevsM7Q[/yt]

From Tyler Black's blog posted today...
"See you in Dayton and Chicago

The measure of power is not in its style or accomplishment, but rather in its action and consequence. Thus, what we have in store for the weekend’s events will only serve as another reminder that the scope of our strength is interminable…

He came to us with a chip on his shoulder. And it wasn’t what he spoke that got our attention. It was the look in his eyes that conveyed in conviction an aura of change; our change. He fits right in, we said. He’s glad to fall in line and fight this war, he said. His truths are our truths. And he gave us his pledge; his devotion. And in return we have given him the avenue to drive his point into the heart of this wretched business that has betrayed him time and time again. This weekend, for the first time in a long time, he’ll fight for the only answer any of us can ever really believe in: he’ll fight for himself.

Shedding light on another situation, our recruiting doesn’t stop with just this weekend. We’ve had our eyes on another talent that seems to have fallen off as of late. It seems that not only has his professional life been a victim, but personally his demons are biting at his heels. Now, what and why are questions that dig beyond what we can assume. Without those answers though, obvious changes in his demeanor and behavior have led Jimmy and me to believe that maybe we could be of some use to this confused soul. He seems to be spiraling down the same dark, vacant fissure we all fell into that landed us here, in this revolution. The question isn’t if, but when will he hit bottom?

======================================================

Hmmm, aries name is being tossed around now too.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
With Matthews, his suffering is being the Marty Janetty of MNM, but other than what's listed above, it's still pretty shady. Maybe it might not be a wrestler, maybe it'll be a manager or some kind of new leader.

Montana

Its Official, Its Joey Matthews,

I say its a good pick up, but i have to see it first to judge.

AOTF also extends a invite to austin Aries as well.

jaydawg30

Reaction score
its matthews. he made his debut at the last show here in dayton.