After Wrestlemania 24 (and without Vince McMahon or ECW)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Backstory- At the end of WM 24, Vince McMahon shocked the wrestling world by announcing his retirement. The reasons apparently stated were that he felt disrespectful to his family, and wanted to spend more time with them. His son Shane is set to take over the company and the Chairman Position of WWE. Vince will maintain a positon on the board of directors but will have no more on-screen time.

Shane McMahon first act as chairman was to cancel ECW due to poor ratings and an ever-looming TNA. The superstars in ECW are set to be drafted to either Smackdown or Raw. He is set to start a new "starting off fresh" program, with a complete Roster reshuffle. He stated that if a champion would be drafted to the other brand, their title would stay on their previous brand and be vacated.

seX-Power

The rosters are as follows.

RAW

John Cena
Edge
CM Punk
Kane
Chris Jericho
Jeff Hardy
Mr Kennedy
Big Show
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Big Daddy V
Chuck Palumbo
Gregory Helms
Kofi KIngston
Cody Rhodes
Jimmy Wang Yang
Paul London
Edgeheads
Stevie Richards
Mike Knox
Cryme Tyme
Balls Mahoney
Jamie Noble

Injured-
Triple H
Brian Kendrick

Women-
Beth Phoenix
Mickie James
Melina
Ashley
Michelle McCool
Layla

GM-Ric Flair
Interviewers-Todd Grisham, Eve Torres
Commentary-JR, Jerry Lawler
Introducer-Justin Roberts

Smackdown

The Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Randy Orton
JBL
Finlay
Umaga
Chavo Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
Carlito
Matt Hardy
John Morrison
Elijah Burke
The Miz
Mark Henry
Snitsky
Tommy Dreamer
Lance Cade
Jimmy Wang Yang
Festus
Nunzio
William Regal
Paul Burchill
Supercrazy
Charlie Haas
Shannon Moore

Injured-
Batista
Jesse

Women-
Candice Michelle
Victoria
Torrie Wilson
Maria
Kelly Kelly
Jillian Hall

GM-Vickie Guerrero
Interviewers-Maryse, Jonathan Coachman
Commentary-Michael Cole, Tazz
Introducer-Lilian Garcia

Retired/Released-
The Great Khali
Boogeyman
Hardcore Holly
Trevor Murdock
Val Venis
Santino Marella
The Highladers

Shane McMahon has announced the signing of an unhappy TNA superstar. He is also renegotiating the contract of none other than Rob Van Dam!

The Rated R CMStar

Backstory is good, altough it is illogical that Vince steps down to spend time with his family and then his son takes over.

Anyways, I will be reviewing. Check out BTW.

The Ripper

Reaction score
Looks ok so far Rob Van Dam return should be good. Unhappy superstar from TNA could be anyone i would guess Samoa Joe though.

Check out World Wrestling Entertainment. Smackdown now posted

Evil Austin

A bit of a different use of Vince i might say myself but this may turn out to be good ill be reading the first show. Check out one of my threads if you get a chance to as well.

seX-Power

!!!Monday Night Raw!!! WEEK 1 in the Wrestling Year

JR- Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night Raw!!!

!!PYRO!!
!!PYRO!!
!!!!!PYRO!!!!!

King- What a show we have for you tonight. Former champions Edge and Kane in the Main Event!!!
JR- Who knows what well have in store now that Shane, yes Shane McMahon has taken over the company. We already know that there has been a complete roster reshuffle and we look forward to the new talent on Raw.
King- But now, the new general manager of Raw, RIC FLAIR, has something to say.
The show begins with Ric in the ring, addressing the crowd on his retirement.

Flair- Ladies, Gentlemen, fans across the world, Ric Flair is back on Raw WOOOOOOOO!

The crowd goes crazy and chants WOOOOOOOOO back.

Flair- New WWE chairman Shane McMahon has awarded me a new contract, to be the general manager on Raw! Now I know you and I aren’t happy about me having to retire, but I am ready to change Raw, and make it the most dominant brand in the History of the WWE, or hell, the history of wrestling altogeth-

Chris Jericho’s music plays and Y2j walks out on the ramp with a microphone.

Jericho- Now wait Ric, wait just there. Last time I remember, you were forced to retire last night at Wrestlemania because you lost. 1, 2, 3. All your ‘hard work’ and ‘credit’ to this company gone. And you know what? I rejoiced. The stain on the WWE had finally been washed away. But then, just as I thought you were gone forever. Shane McMahon has to hire you right back and that huge stain stay-

Flair- Whoa, whoa. Hold it right there boy. Where were you last night at Mania? You were getting decimated at Money in the Bank by CM Punk.

Jericho- Hey, I may not have won, but I came a near second and-

Flair- Chris do you think coming second got me 16 World Championships and into the Hall of-

Jericho- Shut up old man. I’m so damn happy that HBK retired you. He must be so relieved, so grateful to finally rid the WWE of You. Hell, after doing that, Shawn is an American hero.

Flair- Hey Y2j. Do you want to prove yourself better than me? Because you can have a match against a man that won’t be too happy about what you’ve been saying.

Shawn Michaels’ music hits and sure enough, HBK comes out onto the stage, as Jericho backs into the ring where Flair viciously low blows him.

Flair- And that match is now!

MATCH 1- Chris Jericho v Shawn Michaels (from Smackdown)

The match starts very fast-paced with lots of hip-tosses and reversals. Chris Jericho takes the upper hand after a flying shoulder block and locks in a side headlock. He continues to apply pressure to the head of HBK until he releases and hits an enzugiri kick for a two count. The match continues in Jericho’s favour until HBK tries to muster a comeback by dodging a turnbuckle splash and jumping up to the top rope, going for an elbow. However, Jericho gets up and delivers another sickening kick that sends HBK to the floor. He doesn’t go for a pin but instead locks in the Walls of Jericho. Just as it looks Shawn is about to tap he reverses and sends Y2j crashing into a turnbuckle. A kip up, and HBK is on the attack with punches and chops, culminating in an atomic drop that crotches Jericho on the ropes. He starts tuning up the band until he rears up for Sweet Chin…….. No. Jericho ducks and hits the Codebreaker.

King- That’s got to be it JR

JR- You may well be right King. And a steal it was too.

He goes for the pin. 1………. 2………. kick out! The crowd goes mental. HBK goes crazy with clotheslines, chops and a flying burrito. He goes up to the top rope and……….. Yes! Hits the million dollar elbow. Shawn wants to hear the music again. He goes to the corner and starts tuning up the band. He goes for the kick and……….. Déjà vu. Jericho ducks again. But wait, HBK has prepared for this and turns around. Sweet Chin Music. 1………. 2……… 3. Michaels wins. He celebrates with Flair as Jericho glares from the ring.

WINNER- Shawn Michaels by PINFALL

MATCH 2- Beth Phoenix + Melina v Mickie James + Ashley

The match starts with Ashley and Melina in the ring with Melina dominating after illegally pulling the hair of Ashley. Beth Phoenix is tagged in and completely destroys Ashley with an array of powerful moves. But after an attempted vertical suplex, Ashley counters and is able to tag Mickie James in. James is furious in attack, and uses everything in her arsenal to try and take the Glamazon down. After a flying clothesline on the Women’s champion, she hits her signature DDT and covers Beth. 1……... 2…….. Melina jumps on them to break up the pin. As Mickie gets up, she ducks a clothesline by Melina and hits a Mick Kick! She turns around, only to be T-boned by the Women’s champ. Phoenix goes down for the pin but this time Ashley breaks it up, before hitting a hurricanrana sending Beth out of the ring. James then goes to vault herself out of the ring but is clotheslined in mid-air. The champ and Melina then take Ashley out with a huge double suplex. As Mickie lays hurt outside, the ref has no choice but to count to 10 giving Beth and Melina the win.

JR- Someone get a medic, these two women are hurt.

King- Poor Mickie and Ashley, I hope they’re ok.
JR- Another brutal performance by the Women’s Champion.

WINNERS- Beth Phoenix +Melina by COUNTOUT

Ric Flair’s office is shown, with him and MVP inside.

MVP- How good is this, the WWE’s biggest talent being rostered to RAW. I was, as you all know, the highest paid and highest ranked superstar on Smackdown, and here it will be no different. I’m warning the whole roster. MVP is here, and is ready to make an impact. And that’s why I’ve come to you Ric. I was robbed of the US title at Wrestlemania and I want a title shot here. Or better yet. Why don’t you just hand the vacated WWE title to me, right here, right now.

Flair- What kind of general manager do you think I am? Do you expect to waltz in here and get a title? Hell no! You will have to work to get a title sho- Wait kid; you actually might be on to something. How does this sound like to you? You can have a shot at the Intercontinental title; maybe you can teach that disrespectful son of a bitch Jericho a lesson.

MVP- Sweet Ric. I knew we were on good terms.

Flair- Oh believe me son. We are not on good terms, I haven’t finished. The match will be a Fatal 4-Way.

MVP- What! Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten who I am? I am the MVP of Raw!

Flair- You heard me! Jericho will defend his championship against you, and the winners of a tag team match next on Raw. And that title match will be at BACKLASH! Now get out.

MVP- But…

Flair slams the door

MATCH 3- Mr Kennedy +Shelton Benjamin v Jeff Hardy +Kofi Kingston

Shelton and Kingston start in the ring, with the athletically matched superstars both pulling off equally dazzling moves. Kofi takes Shelton down and, BOOM BOOM BOOM, he goes for his patented leg drop, but no, Shelton rolls out of the way and tags his partner in. Kennedy dominates, locking in a modified single leg crab and then an abdominal stretch he turned into a body slam for a 2 count. He goes on to tag Shelton back in, and the Gold Standard goes for a sunset flip off the top rope, only for Kofi to dodge and tag Hardy in. Hardy clears house in the ring, and sends both opponents to the outside. He then runs and flips over the top rope to take Benjamin out. He rolls him into the ring, but as he himself slides in, he is greeted with a thunderous chair shot from Kennedy, causing a disqualification. Kofi tries to save his partner and vaults himself over the top rope, only to be hit square in the head with the chair. Medics rush out to attend to Kofi, while Shelton gets up and argues with Kennedy about getting them disqualified. Kennedy hits him with the chair as well and leaves him bloody in the ring.

JR- What the hell is Kennedy doing? Doesn’t he want a title shot? He hit his partner!
King- What a vicious shot on Kofi, now there really is trouble in paradise. I hope he’ll be ok.

WINNERS- Jeff Hardy +Kofi Kingston by DISQUALIFICATION

Kennedy goes to grab a microphone.

Kennedy- The fact I brutalized my opposition tonight proves how bloodthirsty I am. The fact I brutalized my teammate proves I will do anything it takes to get to the top. The reason I did this is that I don’t want a shot at the Intercontinental title. I came to Raw because I beat everybody on Smackdown. It is my time to head this brand. I am making a claim. I want the WWE championship.

He puts the microphone down and turns around, only to be given a Twist of Fate by a recovered Jeff Hardy. Then Shelton gets in to the ring and delivers a T-Bone. Hardy and Benjamin walk off to a cheering crowd.

Then there is a cut-shot of RVD walking backstage with a briefcase, and the crowd goes wild.

MATCH 4- Big Daddy V v Balls Mahoney

The match is started with V taking Balls out with a huge headbutt and a splash. He rises for another splash but Mahoney rolls away. He goes for his signature punches, but V blocks the final one and hits the Samoan Drop. He doesn’t go for a pin, instead he put Balls into a corner and- Ouch, Running V Splash for the 1, 2, 3. He doesn’t stop there, he goes for another but Big Show’s music plays and he gets distracted. No one appears though and he hits the second one with ease

JR- Poor Balls, he never stood a chance.

WINNER- Big Daddy V by PINFALL

Rob Van Dam is shown entering Flair’s office with a big smile on his face. Ric, and Greg Helms who is in the office, both look extremely surprised.

Flair- Rob? You’re here? But you don’t have a contract, you can’t wrestle.

Helms- Yeah, you were taken out, and should have stayed that-

Rob kicks Helms in the head and knocks him out.

RVD-I know I can’t wrestle tonight, but Shane McMahon is working on a new contract for me. But that’s not the reason I’m here tonight. It’s this.

He opens the briefcase to reveal two shiny belts.

Flair- Is that what I think it is?

RVD- You bet. The WWE Hardcore and European championships. The titles I unified and took out of the sport. But now, with the chairman’s approval, I am here to bring them back.

Flair- You mean to say that the WWE has two new title belts? But who owns them? Raw, or Smackdown? And where will they be defended?

RVD- Shane has said that they will be cross-brand titles, which means they can be held by either Raw or Smackdown wrestlers. They can also be defended at either show. But now, they’re yours to keep until they are awarded. Take good care of them.

Flair- I will, don’t worry. I also look forward to seeing you back in the WWE. Hopefully on Raw.

RVD- Or course. Mr Monday Night is coming back. This show is nothing without R…..V…..D.

Rob leaves as Flair looks at the titles in awe.

Flair- This gives me an idea.

He opens a drawer on his desk to reveal a shiny new Cruiserweight title.

Flair- Hey Helms, come over here…..

King- How good is this, JR? Two new titles!
JR- And by what Ric Flair had, maybe even a third.

Cena’s music plays and he walks out to the middle of the ring with a microphone.

Cena- Ric Flair, you would be crazy to think I would not want a title shot after that cheat Orton stole the title yesterday. Now, he is gone and Triple H is injured. I am the top card on Raw! The champ is here, and he wants his title back. I fought my ass off last night only to be cheated out of the title that I want back. Ric Flair, what do you have to say to that?

Flair does not come, instead CM Punk’s music plays and the Straightedge Superstar appears on the stage.

Punk- John Cena, where should I get started? You couldn’t win the title at No Way Out and you couldn’t win it yesterday. What makes you think you could win it now? I am the forerunner for this championship and this briefcase proves it. I beat 7 other wrestlers to get this. I put my body on the line to get a shot at the title, and I deserve it. And if I were you, I wouldn’t get in my way because if you do, I’ll just cash in this title shot and beat you down!

Cena- Hold up. You’re saying that an ECW freak like you can walk into Raw and demand a title.

Punk- Yeah I do and I have this briefcase to back me up.

Cena- Punk, you want some? Come get some!

Punk- Oh, I’ll get some

Ric Flair appears on the titantron to make an announcement.

Flair- You two guys obviously have some issues, and they can be resolved next week, in a match. But for now, you two will have to team up, as you have a chance to win the World Tag Team titles.

MATCH 5- The Edge Heads v Cryme Tyme v Cody Rhodes +Jimmy Wang Yang v CM Punk +John Cena
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Roberts- This Match is scheduled as an over the top Battle Royal in which the winner and his partner will be crowned the World Tag Team Champions!

The match starts in a big cluster with all wrestlers in the ring at once, focusing on their nearest opponent. After a while the superstars bunch up, to eliminate Shad, the biggest competitor. Yang goes up to the top rope and…….. Moonsault! Everybody in the ring is taken down, and it even takes Shad over the top rope.
Shad Eliminated!
Then he attempts to toss his partner JTG over but he gets pulled over instead.
Jimmy Wang Yang Eliminated!
Cody Rhodes then runs at JTG, but eh dodges and sends Rhodes over the top rope. Wait……no! Rhodes hangs on, and takes Cryme Tyme out of the match with a hurricanrana on JTG.
JTG Eliminated!
The Edge Heads then go after Rhodes but he dodges a clothesline and DDTs Ryder! Rhodes puts up a valiant effort against the other four superstars, nailing Punk and Hawkins with DDTs as well. He turns around after taking out Hawkins……. Only to be picked up by Cena! FU, right over the top rope!
Cody Rhodes Eliminated!
Cena is then blindsided by Punk, who lands a GTS and flings his partner over the top.
John Cena Eliminated!

King- Holy crap JR, Punk obviously doesn’t care about these titles. He just wants Cena down.

JR- He better watch behind him, or he’ll be the one down in a minute.

The Edge Heads advance behind Punk, but he reads it perfectly and flips Hawkins over the top.
Curt Hawkins Eliminated!
Suddenly, Edge’s music starts playing and the Ultimate Opportunist appears at the stage. This momentary distraction enables Ryder to send Punk over the top rope to become the new tag champion!
CM Punk Eliminated!

JR- Edge, the Ultimate Opportunist strikes again, despicable.

King- It wasn’t illegal JR, and I’m just glad we have new champions!

WINNERS and the new World Tag Team Champions- the Edge Heads by ELIMINATION

MAIN EVENT- Edge v Kane

The match begins, with new tag champions Hawkins and Ryder supporting Edge beside the ring.
Kane takes early domination, after an uppercut sending Edge to the floor. A side slam and a near fall for Kane, who has a sense of evilness in his eyes tonight. He goes up to the top rope, for his patented flying clothesline but wait……. Edge catches him with a spear in mid-air.

JR- This one’s over already? What a quick match.

1………. 2……… Kane kicks out at 2 ½. Edge looks like he’s seen a ghost and…….. Kane sits up! The former ECW champion isn’t giving up without a fight. Kane hits Edge with a crushing right hand and flings him to the ropes……. Edge ducks the big boot and hits the Edge-O-Matic for a near fall. He starts to argue with the referee but………. He gets choked by Kane who is lying down! Kane signals its Chokeslam time and stands up, still choking Edge. Edge counters and kicks Kane in the gut. He Irish whips him but ends up being flung away himself. He dodges a clothesline, rebound, and hits the Spear out of nowhere!

King- Another spear? This one’s got to be over.

Edge pins Kane, but he gets his hand on the rope at the last minute. He sits up again! Edge can’t believe it. Two spears and still no win! He kicks Kane in the gut and goes for the Edgecution, but Kane powers out and runs to the ropes. At the side he is pulled down by Hawkins and Ryder while the ref was being distracted by Edge. A swinging neckbreaker and Kane was down. Edge decides it’s was time to go to the top rope. He climbs the turnbuckle and goes for a crossbody but……….. Kane catches him in mid-air! He goes for a fall away slam but Edge lands on his feet! Kane turns around, Spear! Edge goes for a pin. 1….. 2….. 3!

WINNER- Edge by PINFALL

Edge celebrates with his cronies but as they plan to leave the ring, the lights go out. Several shots are heard in the dark, and when the lights come on, the three men are laid out across the ring, brutally bloodied.
King- Who could have done this JR?
JR- Well we know it’s not Kane, he’s still recovering.
King- Someone has come and ambushed them….. But who?

The show goes off air, showing the three men’s bodies barely stirring.

RAW Recap

Shawn Michaels d. Chris Jericho
Beth Phoenix +Melina d. Mickie James +Ashley
Jeff Hardy +Kofi Kingston d. Mr Kennedy +Shelton Benjamin
Big Daddy V d. Balls Mahoney
The Edge Heads d. 3 Teams to win the WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Edge d. Kane

seX-Power

!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
Kofi Kingston is to be injured into Backlash and so Shelton Benjamin is set to take his place in th Fatal 4-Way for the Intercontinental Title

The Cruiserweight Championship has officially been resurrected and will be defended on Smackdown in a Battle Royal

Triple H's injury is clarified as minor and he will be okay by Backlash

Shane McMahon has signed Rob Van Dam an official contract and he is to return to the WWE on Raw next week.

The Hardcore championship is to be resurrected at Backlash with a match between RVD and a mystery superstar