After Mulling Retirement, Matt Hughes Hopes to Fight Again in UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes is expecting to meet with UFC president Dana White and make his case for at least one more fight in the UFC.

During an interview on FUEL TV, Hughes said that while his wife wants him to retire, he has the itch to return to the octagon. Hughes (45-9) has lost each of his last two fights by knockout.

"I think Dana could be the final decision maker," he said. "My wife's a great lady, but she's not going to tell me when Matt Hughes retires."

Hughes fought just once in 2011, getting KO'd in the last second of the first round of a UFC 135 bout against Josh Koscheck. Prior to that, he suffered another knockout, this one to BJ Penn in just 21 seconds in November 2010.

Overall, Hughes is just 3-4 in his last seven fights.

"I'm just hoping I can fight next," he said. "We'll see what happens. I'm not scouting anybody out. I'm just hoping the opportunity is here for me now."

MMAJunkie.com

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He's just looking to get knocked out one more time. He has a good career. Well documented. He is a legend in the welterweight division. Stay retired.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dan Hardy keeps calling him out, honestly i see this fight happening even if it is completely ridiculous for Matt to fight again and even though Dan is on a four fight losing streak i still see this taking place this summer or something.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't want to see him fight again, he should listen to his wife and enjoy retirement. If he does get Dan Hardy then he will probably end up winning since Hardy has been on a terrible streak lately.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No matter how much of a burnout Hughes is, I take him over Hardy all day.

Hardy poses no threat at all, his power is overstated considering he only has 1 KO in the UFC, just watch the Condit fight for proof. They both land at the same time, Condit doesnt even flinch, Hardy is on his ass watching the lights.

Plus, English fighters have no ground game.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah if this fight does happen... Hardy is going down and if he goes down and loses... he will be wished well in his future endeavors. And Hughes will have finally shut Dan hardy up. But still... Hughes has nothing left to prove. Part of me wants to see it just to see how Hughes finishes him... but then part of me just doesn't want to see it because there is always the puncher's chance of winning and I don't wanna see Hughes go down again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I respect Matt Hughes, and he lost his last two fights and really he shouldn't fight again but the guy deserves to go out with a win.