After he was mysteriously removed from a bout with fellow Brazilian,Rousimar Palhares

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
1259860734.g.jpg
After he was mysteriously removed from a bout with fellow Brazilian,Rousimar Palhares at UFC 134, Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira has now been released by the UFC according to his manager, who spoke to Sherdog:

"Unfortunately, Cacareco was released by the UFC when he refused to sign the contract to fight against Toquinho," explained Borges. "He was called to fight at ‘UFC Rio’ in March, and when he found out that the opponent was Palhares, he started to claim difficulties with making weight. Ferreira then said it was better for him not to sign the contract, and he didn’t decide what to do until, eventually, the UFC got tired of waiting and released him via letter."

"When I knew he was looking for a team, I called Rudimar [Fedrigo, leader of Chute Boxe] and told him to hire Cacareco," said Borges. "However, [Cacareco] showed no interest in training, even when he signed with the UFC after almost a year of trying to convince [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva to give him a shot. He knew I was close to making the deal for him, and he still went on a TV show to blame his unluckiness."