AEW TV Deal Confirmed on TNT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
We have been hearing it for weeks, but finally, it is confirmed.

I am going to copy and paste the article from Forbes, and the showtime/day will likely be announced later today.

"Just hours before Wednesday's upfronts for WarnerMedia, the billionaire-backed pro wrestling upstart AEW issued a press release to announce a television deal with TNT.

Per the press release:

"Later this year, WarnerMedia will provide exclusive multi-platform access for fans to watch AEW events, airing live weekly matches on TNT in prime time, as well as streaming them through WarnerMedia’s B/R Live and on pay-per-view. A leading digital sports enterprise, B/R Live’s high fan engagement will provide an invaluable opportunity to build AEW’s audience."
The release went on to note that WarnerMedia's B/R Live will serve as the exclusive digital streaming partner in the United States for the upcoming Double Nothing pay-per-view on May 25.

The report did not specify a launch date for AEW's weekly television series, though it is expected to premiere sometime this fall as was reported last week by Tony Maglio of The Wrap, who referred to the deal as "virtually done."

An official start date could be announced as soon as WarnerMedia's upfronts presentation at 10:00 a.m. EST today.

Executive vice presidents Cody, the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega will lead AEW in somewhat of a player-coach role, while Tony Khan of the billionaire Khan family will run the organization as President and CEO."

Well, I still don't want to be over-optimistic, but considering how much people have complained that "They aren't shit without a big TV deal" I think I can say they have answered the criticism once again and they are on the same network as WCW was before and one of the largest networks in America. I think AEW has been saying/doing the right things and it's hard to not to get at least a little excited for it. Now let's hope they hit it out of the park with Double Or Nothing!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am really excited this was announced and I am glad they are fully set on doing this. It nows shows that AEW should be taken more serious instead of joke though I am sure there will be a bunch of WWE Screeching.

Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I am really excited this was announced and I am glad they are fully set on doing this. It nows shows that AEW should be taken more serious instead of joke though I am sure there will be a bunch of WWE Screeching.

Oh, I was looking through the hashtag for it on Twitter and I already saw one person complain about the fact they used a flame effect as a nod to WCW in their twitter announcement, saying "We don't want another WCW! Be Original!"

Even though it was more seen by people as a "small tribute/nod" and in every announcement since, they have said stuff that shows differences to WCW XD

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Oh, I was looking through the hashtag for it on Twitter and I already saw one person complain about the fact they used a flame effect as a nod to WCW in their twitter announcement, saying "We don't want another WCW! Be Original!"

Even though it was more seen by people as a "small tribute/nod" and in every announcement since, they have said stuff that shows differences to WCW XD

Jesus, man. This people love their own screeching. Tony, Cody, Jericho, and the others have said numerous of times they going to be AEW and not like any other company. They want to provide am alternative to people, who have quite frankly has gotten tired of WWE's shit. Honestly, the whole fire/flame thing has been done by everyone, but I can see AEW doing that as a little nod or tribute to WCW. Either way I am excited.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Firstly, the sheer magnitude of this announcement cannot be overstated, and i have no doubt right now everyone at WWE are really close to panic mode if they werent already, as im sure they just got a huge reality check.

Side note, its been confirmed by TNT and Warner that the AEW show will start this Fall. and also here are some things from the press release i found quite interesting and has me even more excited

Focused on producing fast-paced, high-impact competitions, AEW offers fans less scripted, soapy drama, and more athleticism and real sports analytics, bringing a legitimacy to wrestling that it has not previously had. Wrestlers will also be given more freedom to explore their characters and highlight their athletic abilities. Introducing statistics to wrestling for the first time ever, AEW will raise the stakes for its matches and deepen fan engagement by tracking each competitor's wins and losses as the wrestlers pursue championships, analyzing their moves, assessing damage to their opponents, and providing insights into their winning streaks.

"Wrestling fans have wanted – and needed – something different, authentic and better for far too long," said Tony Khan, President and CEO of AEW. "AEW is answering the call. AEW is about more than wrestling. It's about a movement fueled by wrestling fans who have been underserved and perhaps even disappointed by what the industry has produced in recent years. AEW is rising to the occasion with DOUBLE OR NOTHING and today taking it a step further by partnering with WarnerMedia, which is as committed as we are to making wrestling fans the one and only priority. With WarnerMedia, AEW is poised globally to redefine wrestling as we know it today."

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

nickp1991

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
nwo