AEW to showcase Joshi Wrestling.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The main card is now completed with Omega vs. Jericho, Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr. & Fenix for the AAA tag titles, Page vs. Pac, Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes, Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky vs. Cima & T-Hawk & Lindaman, Dr. Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae and two matches announced this week, Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta vs. Jack Evans & Angelico and Aja Kong & Yuka Sakazaki & Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida & Riho & Ryo Mizunami.

The latter match is one put together by Kenny Omega to showcase Japanese women’s wrestling. One of the AEW battle plans is that use Japanese women like WCW used the Mexican wrestlers and cruiserweights, as a style unique to them. Kong, who is 48, is a Hall of Famer and one of the biggest stars of the early 90s All Japan Women hot period. Sakura, 42, is a 24-year-veteran and also a notable trainer and has held titles in numerous Japanese groups. Shida, 30, was an actress who became a pro wrestler after playing one in a movie and loving learning it.
To me, this is a pretty cool idea as we are seeing more and more Joshi wrestlers coming over to America, like Mayu in WoH, and England, like Utami in EVE, to wrestle and this is a great way to showcase some of them and their style. Just like what @Grunt Beavie said, this is a good way to showcase this style and wrestlers to people who don't follow Joshi promotions as I do. Anyways, what is your take about this? Are you as excited as I am about this?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Thanks for the tag, brother jack!

I think I really do have an open mind to it. I know it is likely a lot of people who do not know anything about them may have problems remembering them all due to it being a six-woman tag, and I am sure I will still have to learn their names after, but it is a starting point. Just let the commentary be educated about them, explain them a bit to the viewer, and that will be a great starting point.