AEW Reality

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kasumi

Reaction score
I am psyched for AEW.
Having stated that they have done nothing.

Here is a list of How Nothing They Currently Are:

1 pay per view show
Base roster not set
National programming has not launched
No ratings
Nobody is holding a title
Etc etc etc

They are not even in their infancy.
This promotion is not even in the conversation with WWE, ROH, Impact!,
CWFH, etc(All have nationwide on air presence)

Do I hope they become Big Time?
Yes, yes I do.

Would it be great to have a national giant to compete with the King?
Yes, yes I do.
Competition can lead to a better product.

Would I like to relive history and have
WWE and AEW battle for many many years?
Yes, I would.

Do I plan on dumping WWE anytime soon?
Nope.

Will I watch both when AEW lauches?
Yes!

Lastly, will 1 promotion get my allegiance in the future?
Time will tell.

Love,
Me

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
As i said before, lets see how AEW holds up on a live weekly television program. They are off to an amazing start but this could easily end up being a flop. And if they do fail it will probably be the last time that any major money gets invested into a major wrestling program. AEW is the culmination of a perfect storm, and they have a huge opportunity to create something great.

Reactions: Gman003 and Kasumi

Kasumi

Reaction score
As i said before, lets see how AEW holds up on a live weekly television program. They are off to an amazing start but this could easily end up being a flop. And if they do fail it will probably be the last time that any major money gets invested into a major wrestling program. AEW is the culmination of a perfect storm, and they have a huge opportunity to create something great.
Primary owner has mad cash!
He also owns multiple sports teams.
I hope it becomes HUGE.
I am going to be patient

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Primary owner has mad cash!
He also owns multiple sports teams.
I hope it becomes HUGE.
I am going to be patient

I think another elephant in the room that no one is seeming to talk about is can AEW produce a mainstream star? Look at WCW, the reason that they blew up was because they had Hulk Hogan turning heel. WWE had Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena. Guys who were able to take the company to new heights. I honestly dont see that with anyone in AEW or WWE right now. I think if AEW were to sign CM Punk (I know there are some haters out there) then it would really put AEW on the map. Jon Moxley coming to AEW was cool, but CM Punk would much bigger. Im talking Scott Hall/Kevin Nash crossing over type of splash.

Reactions: Kasumi

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I really think its online exposure that will make the company big. As for stars? Who knows at this point. Cody himself has a great starting point to become a mainstream figure. Chris Jericho. Kenny omega and moxley. Hell, even MJF has a great act. His Chris van vliet interview was amazing... then his antics Saturday shoved him in peoples faces. Hes a cocky arrogant prick. And its hilarious...I hate arrogant pricks, but he is funny as hell... I'm ready for the ride this company is taking us on. Bring it on it can only mean great things in the near future.

Reactions: Solidus1 and Kasumi