• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Rampage [General] Discussion Thread

InsaneAlphaBeta

It will either be the hottest episode of a wrestling show in years, or the biggest trolling of all time. Either way, it will be amazing.

wwe split GIF

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Last Rampage was the first AEW thing I've ever seen outside of some clips on social media, and the first full wrestling show I've seen in years, and it's all because I knew CM Punk was coming back. The Punk promo was great, I like how any shots he took at WWE were relatively subtle, never openly disparaged them yet still managed to cut them down deep. Neat that the first thing he did was promote Britt Baker, word on the street I hear is she's pretty great. I will say my excitement was dwindled by how obvious they made his return. Maybe I'm just dead inside but wasn't hyped as I hoped I'd be, it was still really cool.

Do kinda feel like I should've just tuned out afterward, nothing else on the show really did much for me. Some cool spots in the tag match but otherwise just a meh show after Punk.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
AEW overall just feels like early 2000's wrestling to me and I love everything about it. The matches and promos keep me invested week by week. There is a lot of good characters and talent just oozing everywhere. It's honestly hard for me to pick any favourites because everyone does a really good job.

All I know is that Britt Baker is one of them.

MadeupRashAnkolewatusi-max-1mb.gif

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Yeah AEW re-ignited the flame of Profesional wrestling for me again. Stopped watching wwe around 05... tuned in a couple times (I could literally count them on 1 hand) for thr next 10 years then for some reason picked it back up at WM31... faded out after a year or 2.

But AEW has brought back that childhood feeling again. Late 90s, early 2000s... just nostalgic in the way they present their shows. How invested the crowds are.
I did tune out a bit during the whole mess of the pandemic when they couldn't have crowds and such. Didn't feel the same/birth of 2nd child kind of brought me away from it. But ever since they've been touring again I've picked it back up. Such an amazing show (now 2 shows)

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Yeah AEW re-ignited the flame of Profesional wrestling for me again. Stopped watching wwe around 05... tuned in a couple times (I could literally count them on 1 hand) for thr next 10 years then for some reason picked it back up at WM31... faded out after a year or 2.

But AEW has brought back that childhood feeling again. Late 90s, early 2000s... just nostalgic in the way they present their shows. How invested the crowds are.
I did tune out a bit during the whole mess of the pandemic when they couldn't have crowds and such. Didn't feel the same/birth of 2nd child kind of brought me away from it. But ever since they've been touring again I've picked it back up. Such an amazing show (now 2 shows)
You didn't pick a bad time to dip back in then. WM31 was one of their better shows. Their 30 and 31 shows were excellent, ever since then I've not been as excited for Mania or their shows.

All Out coming up has a very early 2000's WWF feel to it for me. Absoutely stacked card, insane roster. Hard to believe we are even getting a card that good.