AEW Rampage and Dark: Elevation *SPOILERS* taped 5/4/22

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fr9i0g_xoaejwrz.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

AEW taped matches for this Friday's Rampage and next week's Dark: Elevation at Wednesday's Dynamite event in Baltimore.

Below are results and notes from a live perspective:

AEW Rampage spoilers for Friday, May 6 --
  • Toni Storm & Ruby Soho defeated Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. & Jamie Hayter
  • Storm pinned Baker with a cradle after a good match. Lots of spots with Storm and Hayter working together.
  • A graphic was shown on the video wall for Storm vs. Hayter in the Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament, but the date was not made clear. That may take place on next week's Dynamite on Long Island.
  • Hook defeated JD Drake
  • Danhausen offered to align with Hook after the match, but Hook appeared to decline.
  • Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament qualifier: Riho defeated Yuka Sakazaki
  • Really good match that got a lot of time.
  • Shawn Spears cut a promo and called Wardlow the real giant of pro wrestling, but said he's the giant killer.
  • American Top Team's Dan Lambert, TNT Champion Scorpio Sky, and Ethan Page did an in-ring promo. Lambert said he was from Baltimore and wore an Orioles shirt, then heeled on the crowd and said the people here have ruined the city and that's why he tells people he's from Miami. Page cut a babyface promo on Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti. Sky said that he is restoring prestige to the TNT title, which means Lambert has to return his version of the TNT title to the ATT trophy case. Frankie Kazarian interrupted and Sky agreed to give him his TNT title match "next week," presumably on Rampage.
  • Jay Lethal (w/Satnam Singh & Sonjay Dutt) defeated Konosuke Takeshita
  • Lethal won with the Lethal Injection. Dutt and Lethal stomped Takeshita after the match. Best Friends and Orange Cassidy came in for the save. Singh beat up Best Friends. Cassidy avoided Singh. Samoa Joe ran in with a steel pipe, but was cut off by security and referees on the ramp.
AEW Dark: Elevation spoilers --
  • Dark Order (Evil Uno, Alan Angels, Preston Vance & Alex Reynolds) defeated four enhancement talents
  • Abadon defeated Emi Sakura
  • Sonny Kiss defeated Peter Avalon
  • Max Caster defeated Cheeseburger
  • Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland defeated QT Marshall & Nick Comoroto
  • In a match only for the live crowd, Nyla Rose defeated Skye Blue

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
  • Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament qualifier: Riho defeated Yuka Sakazaki
this is what I wanted, TIME for these two. cant wait

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Toni and Ruby winning is great, but Yuka is losing kind of sucks though I get why.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
this is what I wanted, TIME for these two. cant wait
I can't wait to see the comments saying "¿WhY cAn'T tHeY AmErIcAnIzE tHeIr StYlE?"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can't wait to see the comments saying "¿WhY cAn'T tHeY AmErIcAnIzE tHeIr StYlE?"

When the ratings are shit bc its airing while a lot of people are still at work and they say "see that Joshi shit doesn't draw" lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was wondering why they don't just air at normal time but get bumped to another channel like TruTV or something but I think this is still better bc early TNT is still way better than like any TruTV time, plus theyd have the competition of playoffs on top of it, guess it's good TNT still wants them on the block instead of kicking them off

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
When the ratings are shit bc its airing while a lot of people are still at work and they say "see that Joshi shit doesn't draw" lmao
Sad, but true because I know the Joshis will get blamed and not the timing or whatever playoff is happening.
I was wondering why they don't just air at normal time but get bumped to another channel like TruTV or something but I think this is still better bc early TNT is still way better than like any TruTV time, plus theyd have the competition of playoffs on top of it, guess it's good TNT still wants them on the block instead of kicking them off
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well not just keep the time, but just move to trutv. Sure, the views may not be that high, but there'll be higher than having it at like 2:00 in the afternoon on the west coast.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
AEW suffered a power failure during the Dark: Elevation tapings on Wednesday.

Two matches scheduled for the show were unable to be filmed. The problems started during a match between Cheeseburger and Max Caster and continued as Nyla Rose faced Skye Blue.

Our own Dave Meltzer addressed what happened on Wednesdays' edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.

"The entrance and the announcing place all of a sudden went dark," Meltzer said. "So, they did the match, Max Caster won, and then they did another match that they announced which was Skye Blue and Nyla Rose and they just said, 'This match is only for you fans in the arena, it will never air.' Because they couldn't tape it because they had the power failure, or whatever it was. Luckily, they got the thing fixed by eight o'clock and there was no problem with Dynamite."

The scheduled Dark: Elevation main event between Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Nick Comoroto & QT Marshall was then taped after Dynamite.

This is kinda wild lmao