AEW Forbidden Door media scrum notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The stars of AEW and NJPW talked to the media following Forbidden Door.

Mercedes Mone, Zack Sabre Jr,. Toni Storm, Swerve Strickland, and Tony Khan appeared during Sunday’s media scrum. Highlights are below.

Mercedes Mone
  • Before taking questions, Mone revealed that George Clooney had sent her a bottle of tequila.
  • When asked about Britt Baker’s return, she said that “a certain b****” wanted to steal her spotlight and there would be a price to pay for interrupting her.
  • A person asked how she feels physically since returning to action in May. She said that her match with Stephanie Vaquer was her fourth since her comeback and she feels better than ever.
Zack Sabre Jr.

• Called anyone who doesn’t see how talented Orange Cassidy is “a f***** idiot”. He said his goal right now was to be the top wrestler in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
  • Sabre said regarding AEW: “To have a large-scale American company that completely respects pro wrestling, did not exist before.”
  • Regarding one more match with Bryan Danielson, Sabre said they need to have at least one more match in England. He said he has yet to submit Danielson, so he wants one more shot to try it.
Toni Storm recited “America the Beautiful” before inviting Mina Shirakawa on the stage. She, Storm, and Mariah May all danced before leaving without taking any questions.

Swerve Strickland
  • He said following tonight, he felt like he silenced a lot of critics, but will still probably have to silence more in the future.
  • Someone asked what he told Ospreay after the match. It basically boiled down to Swerve saying he loved him and was one of the best talents in the world, and hoped he could do it again with him someday.
  • Strickland credited Albert Gentilly for bringing in people like Rick Ross, Kevin Gates, Fabulous, and Jim Jones, the latter of whom appeared at Forbidden Door. Swerve said that his team makes him who he is, including Prince Nana.
  • Swerve finished by saying that it is gratifying to have a Black World Champion main eventing shows like Forbidden Door, he doesn’t take it for granted.
Tony Khan
  • Earlier it was mentioned that there were 11,000 people at Forbidden Door with a million dollar gate.
  • When asked about how the idea of Wrestle Dynasty came about, Khan instead pushed that it would be a big week for the company.
  • Regarding the ROH tapings during their stay in the Dallas area, Khan said he was excited about them and pushed Atlantis Jr. winning the ROH Television title.
  • Someone asked if All In could be held outside of Wembley. He said that he is focused on this year’s show, as they’ve got something really special with Wembley. He added, however, that All In is a huge event anywhere in the world.
  • Khan said that ticket sales for All In would likely increase as matches are added to the card.
  • Brodie King will be “okay” following a brainbuster spot from Tomohiro Ishii during the Zero Hour pre show.
  • While he wouldn’t know cable buys for a while, digital buys were “excellent” for the show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Full comments from ZSJ on OC

“I don’t think there’s a wrestler in the world that respects Orange Cassidy more than me. I think anyone that knows my personality or my taste in music and film probably thinks that I’m a pretentious wanker, but I actually knew that Orange Cassidy was cool way before all of you.”

“10 years ago, roughly, on the Northeast Indies, if I was on before Orange Cassidy, I’d be at the match stand watching the match losing my mind and the rest of the crowd, like, would shout, ‘What is this maniac doing?'”

“We both wanted this match for a long time. Obviously, I’d hoped it was going to happen last year but it didn’t work out.”

“If there is anyone disregarding how talented Orange Cassidy is at pro-wrestling, they’re a f**king idiot."