AEW Dynamite August 30, 2023 - Orange Cassidy defends International title against Penta El Zero Miedo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Eddie has priority to.tag or fight any strong style talent

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
All Out is very ROH heavy and I don't mind it

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Decent episode of Dynamite so far as I get to the main event. All Out card looks like a TV special one imo but a bit mid for a PPV compared to the All In card.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wednesday's AEW Dynamite had to be rewritten at the last minute due to several wrestlers missing the show.

Hurricane Idalie prevented Kenny Omega and some others from Florida from flying to Chicago. Swerve Strickland and the new AEW Women's World Champion Saraya missed the show due to illness as well. While the nature of their illness is unknown, Saraya was announced for a match on Saturday's Collision.

Our own Dave Meltzer addressed the situation on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.

"Because of the hurricane, Kenny Omega didn't make it," he said. "Tonight's show was totally redone at the last minute because Saraya and Swerve were pulled from the show for illness reasons and I know a bunch of the Florida guys, including Omega, because of the hurricane couldn't get out of Florida to come to Chicago. Jericho was obviously there, I know there was concern about Jericho not being there but he was there. That was one of the reasons the show... it seemed thrown together because it was thrown together."

AEW president Tony Khan also gave any talent on his roster the night off if they wanted to attend memorial services for Bray Wyatt.

Omega is scheduled to face Konosuke Takeshita on Sunday's All Out pay-per-view. Takeshita and Don Callis cut a promo directed to Omega on last night's show. Saraya doesn't have a match for All Out but will team with the rest of the Outcasts on Collision against Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, and Kris Statlander. Strickland was locked in a coffin at All In and does not have any upcoming matches scheduled.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don’t know if it probably just me but I wasn’t feeling this show. I liked Mox/Kommander and Kingston/Yuta, and a couple of segments but overall I wasn’t into it.

Again, maybe it was just me. I dunno.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Sometimes it just be you

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wednesday night's AEW Dynamite averaged 871,000 viewers on TBS, almost exactly the same as the 870,000 the show did last week. It's the third week in a row Dynamite has done between 870,000 and 874,000 viewers and the third-lowest audience since July 12.

Dynamite averaged a 0.30 rating in the 18-49 demo, down 6.3 percent from the previous week. That's also the third-lowest rating since the July 12 episode.

As compared to the same week in 2022, Dynamite's overall audience was down 14.6 percent while the 18-49 rating was down 14.3 percent.

For the month of August, AEW Dynamite averaged 871,000 viewers and an 18-49 rating of 0.308. That's down from the 2022 average of 987,200 viewers and 0.328 in 18-49.

Listed below are the last 11 weeks of overall viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for AEW Dynamite on TBS, as well as the 10-week average in both categories. This week's show was almost identical to its recent averages in both total audience and 18-49 rating.

aew-ratings.webp

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Love Toni's new character work, she's hilarious

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I never really liked Pentagon, he made me cringe on Lucha underground and I loved pretty much everyone on that show. But having Orange fucking Cassidy kick out of his package piledriver only to pin him two seconds after that...