AEW Collision *SPOILERS* taped 7/10/24

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

After Dynamite went off the air, Mariah continued to stand over Toni Storm then went to the back. Toni was helped to the back.

AEW COLLISION:

*Konosuke Takeshita beat Dynamite Kid Tommy Billington. Billington got a lot of offense in. After, Don Callis offered Tommy a spot in The Don Callis Family. Billington refused and was attacked by Takeshita and Kyle Fletcher. FTR made the save.

*Juice Robinson & The Gunns beat Shaun Moore, Michael Allen Richard Clark and a third local wrestler I did not catch the name of. Bang Bang Gang tried to Freebird Juice into the titles because Christian injured Jay White. Christopher Daniels stripped them of the titles instead. The Patriarchy came out and set up a match for the vacant belts at a later date.

*Roderick Strong defeated Dalton Castle.

*Nyla Rose beat Ava Lawless. Another squash of a local talent. Ava received a good reaction.

*Top Flight beat Shane Taylor Promotions.

*Skye Blue defeated Harley Cameron by submission.

*Matt Taven and Mike Bennet beat Orange Cassidy and Kyle O'Reilly Trent Beretta attacked OC outside during the match.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
How the fuck are you gonna strip them of the titles and then turn around and put them in a match against the guys they were feuding with for the vacant belts ANYWAY? Who thought this booking was a good idea?

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
How the fuck are you gonna strip them of the titles and then turn around and put them in a match against the guys they were feuding with for the vacant belts ANYWAY? Who thought this booking was a good idea?
Because for some reason Tony refuses to let them use the Freebird Rule. Beats me.

I do agree with replacing Jay with Juice in the trio, though. Jay should be challenging for singles gold now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought you'd be much more upset Jay lost his belts that way tbh lol but I guess either way he was going to lose them without being in the match bc it probably would have been the other three.

I don't really know why we can't have freebird rules but I'm guessing this is to set the precedent they won't be a thing in AEW, not a fan really tho

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
He wont let them use the freebird rule but he allowed Samoa Joe to be an interim ROH tag champ during his angle with MJF lol. Make it make sense.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I thought you'd be much more upset Jay lost his belts that way tbh lol but I guess either way he was going to lose them without being in the match bc it probably would have been the other three.

I don't really know why we can't have freebird rules but I'm guessing this is to set the precedent they won't be a thing in AEW, not a fan really tho
I’ll be quite cross if Juice and Gunns lose the vacant match, for sure.

I’m not sure how I feel about Jay losing it this way, but maybe this means Tony is protecting him for a better push. That I can get on board with.

I also do think Juice and Gunns should be the trios moving forward. Should help the group stay in the division and continue to dominate and allow Jay to lead from singles.

I agree about the freebird rule. It might be Tony doesn’t want to do it at all. Because 4 in trios isn’t any different. It’s weird. I wanted the 4-man trios pretty hard.

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore

I can see the justification of that being 'well you were stripped because of something beyond your control, and while we're not allowing the freebird rule to be a thing, you have an extra man in your stable so we'll give you the chance to regain it now rather than wait for Jay to come back at a later date.' Like it's very different from them being stripped of the titles because of, say, heel jackassery. It's an injury that they had no control nor influence over, so they're being given a shot to make good. It makes sense and I honestly prefer it over someone else in the squad holding gold by virtue of existing.

Now, could this be solved simply by adopting the freebird rule proper? Yes. But this makes sense in a fair way and is probably a fair idea since, assuming Bang Bang Gang win, Juice earns the title rather than adopting it via osmosis.

No, I don't have an answer to the MJF/ROH Tag thing, that one is still a headscratcher.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
@Canadian Dragon come over here. What were you saying about Juice being fucked on?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Stripping the Bang Bang Gang of the titles when you literally had segments where Juice was acknowledged as holding it via freebird is stupid

• Wow
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Stripping the Bang Bang Gang of the titles when you literally had segments where Juice was acknowledged as holding it via freebird is stupid
Wait, they did? When was this?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Wait, they did? When was this?
I remember the Bang Bang Gang having a segment in the ring where they say Juice was part of the group as a champion. Whilst not the company, outright have the group express it on TV and then doing this just feels dumb. If Jay is legit injured, just do the freebird rule

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I remember the Bang Bang Gang having a segment in the ring where they say Juice was part of the group as a champion. Whilst not the company, outright have the group express it on TV and then doing this just feels dumb. If Jay is legit injured, just do the freebird rule
I’d have to look because last I remember is Tony saying juice was not champion on collision so they couldn’t defend the belts and juice reiterating their application was lost in the mail or something.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I’d have to look because last I remember is Tony saying juice was not champion on collision so they couldn’t defend the belts and juice reiterating their application was lost in the mail or something.
If that happened I will soften my stance but I still think this is a bad call when as pointed out you had Joe defending the ROH tag team titles with MJF on behalf of Adam Cole.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah you're half right, they declared that in a segment but on the next show Juice was bitching about AEW not approving it

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m fine with it as long as Juice wins the titles back.

If the patriarchy wins should just had had Austin take the fall and Jay loses the belt in the ring without being pinned.