Adam Sandler to Produce and Star in Four Movies for Netflix

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The-Cobbler-Adam-Sandler-100114-Dragonlord.jpg

Snagging one of the world's best-known Hollywood stars, Netflix has signed a deal to make four feature films with Adam Sandler as the streaming service continues its empire building and moves into producing original movies that bypass the usual theatrical release.

Sandler's Happy Madison Productions will work alongside Netflix in developing the yet-to-be announced titles, which will premiere exclusively in the nearly 50 countries where Netflix operates. It's a significant move for Sandler, a longtime denizen of the Hollywood studio system -- a system wedded to playing films first in theaters, not in the home. He'll both star in and produce the Netflix projects.

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only….Netflix rhymes with Wet Chicks,” Sandler said in a statement. “Let the streaming begin!!!!”

Netflix is prepared to pony up as much as the majors studios do for a Sandler film, which, on average, costs in the $80 million range. Blended, his most recent comedy, was an exception, with a production budget of $40 million. The actor's films, most of them comedies, have grossed more than $3 billion globally. And his films consistently rank among the most viewed by Netflix members, both in the U.S. and overseas.

Netflix is quickly changing the landscape of the studio system.

The streaming site announced Thursday that it has closed a deal with Adam Sandler and his production company, Happy Madison. Four new movies starring Sandler will premiere exclusively in 50 Netflix territories. Notably, there will be no studio middleman facilitating the deal, and the films will bypass a theatrical run.

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only.. Netflix rhymes with Wet Chicks,.” said Sandler, in a statement. “Let the streaming begin! »

Not exactly the best pick up to usher in the future....but the guys shit however terrible it may be....is successful, and I like the idea of the old Hollywood studio system dying. When movies cost more to promote than produce...something is broken. So I'm all for any established acts to leave it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fine by me, especially if Hulu and Crackle or Amazon follows suit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At first I was like meh but then I realized that Sandler's shitty movies are the perfect Netflix movies. Everyone loves watching horrible movies that are so bad they're hilarious and over the last few years, this is exactly what Sander's put out. But of course, people don't want to pay for that shit, but they'd definitely check them out on Netflix.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Blended made a profit, most his shit makes a profit, meaning most people happily pay for his shit

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All the more better for Netflix

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Agreed. To me he has a redeeming quality with his wackiness, and me not having to get up and give a theater over 20 bucks to see it all the better

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's a shame great men like Hitler and Mussolini died, yet this blueberry is still breathing.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I cringed a full 3 inches shorter while reading his statement.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's a shame great men like Hitler and Mussolini died, yet this blueberry is still breathing.
I don't care about Sandler or his movies, just saying this move by him takes the power away from studios and most importantly the theaters who gouge us all with their unfair prices. Here's hoping it becomes a real trend among better actor fronted production companies.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't mind paying theater prices for extreme digital or IMAX or 3d, not at all. I just don't like paying more than morning matinee for other shows tbh

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Good move, i hope hollywood begins to crumble with this idea. My guess is Cruise is next to make 'straight to netflix' movies.