Adam Rose being given up on already?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Adam Rose being off Raw this week is an indication already that they are cooling off on the character. Vince McMahon, who makes all the key choices, isn’t the easiest one to get to accept new people as main players. He’s said not to be completely sold on any of the recent characters...Kevin Dunn apparently buried Rose and Vince isn’t sold on him either.

-Meltzer

Not sure how Rose was buried by Kevin Dunn lol, but it really is a shame if it's true. Give the guy a chance.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Leo Kruger > Goldust 2

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
I like Adam Rose, but he may get a push and only end up like Zack Ryder. I wish they would give people an actual chance and not have people in one minute squash matches. I timed the last match between Zack Ryder and Rusev, it was exactly one minute. I really hope Adam Rose isn't the next Zack Ryder because people were excited about him too. It's a shame they ruin people's careers.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Edit with more people listed:

According to sources, Adam Rose being kept off Monday's RAW broadcast had nothing to do with his injury as he worked a match on Superstars. Numerous WWE officials including Vince McMahon have already "cooled off" on his character. For what it's worth, Vince is not completely sold on any of the new characters as of late including Paige and Bo Dallas. Of course, with Vince making all the key/final decisions, that doesn't spell good news for their futures on the main roster.

In a recent production meeting, Kevin Dunn reportedly buried Rose and Vince didn't seem to disagree. This is also the reason Paige has the WWE Divas title but has also had very little character development. Kevin Dunn is said to be very high on Alicia Fox right now, thus the reason for her current push. Expect to see more and more of her on WWE television in the coming weeks.

ewrestlingnews, again quoting Meltzer

I've never wanted a dirtsheet report to be wrong more in my life.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
lol @ Kevin Dunn having input on wrestling characters when he hates wrestling.

Reactions: Snowman1

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They really need to look at how NXT talent are moving up to the main roster. We've had Rusev, Bo, Rose, Paige, etc, all come up recently and none of them have really been a success or got over.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
They really need to look at how NXT talent are moving up to the main roster. We've had Rusev, Bo, Rose, Paige, etc, all come up recently and none of them have really been a success or got over.

Add Emma to that list.
You're right, none of the NXT bunch are doing all that well. I think it's a shame that none of them are doing particularly successfully on the main roster as they're all talented wrestlers (some more than others)
I think the NXT gimmicks don't help- like they expect everyone to watch NXT as well as the main roster so assume that the gimmicks will translate over well.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I remember reading a month or so ago that Adam Rose's debut was internally considered a flop by officials, so it's no surprise that Vince isn't sold on him. Shame, as I enjoy fun gimmicks like these since they add more variety to the show and balance out all the more serious personas and issues on it (plus I have a fixation on bunnies...) In the event that the gimmick ends up eventually dropped, it's not like they won't just find something else for Leo Kruger.

Guess Vince isn't a BO-Liever. :bodallas:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Edit with more people listed:

ewrestlingnews, again quoting Meltzer

I've never wanted a dirtsheet report to be wrong more in my life.
Makes no sense. So they don't like Paige's character and that leads to her not having character development? Well, no surprise there, I mean, they debut someone to be as generic as a human being can possibly be, dislike the result and that's why there's no development? Good grief, I mean, that doesn't even make sense! Damn Meltzer, scumbag worthless waste of oxygen. What do they even want with Rose anyway? They have him win two squash matches and that's as far as they'll try to push the guy before saying he sucks? Has to be made up. Ugh. I'm already mad because of this damn world cup, and now this

InnerSilence

The Artiste
Reaction score
they're being a lemon..they should be a rosebud.

:bitw:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Makes no sense. So they don't like Paige's character and that leads to her not having character development? Well, no surprise there, I mean, they debut someone to be as generic as a human being can possibly be, dislike the result and that's why there's no development? Good grief, I mean, that doesn't even make sense! Damn Meltzer, scumbag worthless waste of oxygen. What do they even want with Rose anyway? They have him win two squash matches and that's as far as they'll try to push the guy before saying he sucks? Has to be made up. Ugh. I'm already mad because of this damn world cup, and now this

Don't get mad at soccer, Soccer sucks. :bodallas:

Exactly! They don't like Paige's lack of character and that leads her to not have a character. [HASHTAG]#wwelogic[/HASHTAG]

With all of these failed NXT Characters, I'll keep saying it: Most of them organically got over with the NXT Audience BEFORE they had a character shift to give the fans what they want, while the main roster gets the shifted characters but not the stories behind them. Also with Bo, just sticking him against guys nobody cares about gives him that kind of rub. :downer:

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Don't get mad at soccer, Soccer sucks. :bodallas:

Exactly! They don't like Paige's lack of character and that leads her to not have a character. [HASHTAG]#wwelogic[/HASHTAG]

With all of these failed NXT Characters, I'll keep saying it: Most of them organically got over with the NXT Audience BEFORE they had a character shift to give the fans what they want, while the main roster gets the shifted characters but not the stories behind them. Also with Bo, just sticking him against guys nobody cares about gives him that kind of rub. :downer:
Yeah, I don't even know what the problem is with Bo. Even though it's not the exact same character from NXT, I think it's an interesting dynamic, maybe if they give it a bit more time/relevancy it'll get over. As you said, it's hard to get over by beating Santino and etc. And what you said with NXT characters, yes! Exactly that. Paige was generic on NXT too, but it's because she had gotten over already. Bo is the same thing, he got massively over as a heel by being a lame babyface for real before that became his gimmick. Although Rose I think isn't on this situation because he debuted pretty much the same way and spent no time in NXT (despite his main roster debut in itself not being very well executed). Really just rambling on with no point here, but bottom line is that if they are in fact burying these guys, work with them a little more. Especially poor Paige, as Rose and Bo at least have something unique about them.

And I'll try not to get mad at soccer, despite people honking horns in the streets here hours before some game. Hopefully Bo's smile will help.

Reactions: Snowman1

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I'll take guys like Rose, Fandango, even Brodus (before the overkill) over typical "I'm a good guy : )!" "I'm a bad guy grrr >: (" shit any day.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Alright, pretty happy now. I know it's off topic, but I just entered WWE.com to see who had been released and stumbled upon this:
eeca7850824b43b6245a0c341c15ebd8.jpg

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't even know what the problem is with Bo. Even though it's not the exact same character from NXT, I think it's an interesting dynamic, maybe if they give it a bit more time/relevancy it'll get over. As you said, it's hard to get over by beating Santino and etc. And what you said with NXT characters, yes! Exactly that. Paige was generic on NXT too, but it's because she had gotten over already. Bo is the same thing, he got massively over as a heel by being a lame babyface for real before that became his gimmick. Although Rose I think isn't on this situation because he debuted pretty much the same way and spent no time in NXT (despite his main roster debut in itself not being very well executed). Really just rambling on with no point here, but bottom line is that if they are in fact burying these guys, work with them a little more. Especially poor Paige, as Rose and Bo at least have something unique about them.

And I'll try not to get mad at soccer, despite people honking horns in the streets here hours before some game. Hopefully Bo's smile will help.

You hit the nail right on the head. Work with the talents, don't just bury them before they have a chance! I won't talk about Bo since he always gets cut from Hulu (although I hear the last victory was really fluky before he started yelling "6-0" and celebrating like a madman... sounds hilarious :dawg:) and while I'm not a big Rose fan, there's obviously enough likable/ridiculous qualities about the character to have something to work with. I don't know why they have a creative team to do nothing creative, but in an era of backstage segments and character development Rose could actually be a fun character.

I think we underrated the presentation of Paige on NXT. You had the dark lighting, heavy metal song, her gutteral scream on the apron... The whole presentation lead to a feeling of badassery that's just missing on the main roster, not to mention her good matches also were left behind on NXT. Come on, guys.

Think the problem is really staring us in the face. Kevin Dunn, you're the executive producer of Total Divas, too. You just focus on that show. Vince McMahon, you're like 70 years old. Go retire somewhere and count your money. It's time for the Triple H regime to take over this show ffs.

Seriously? Lets all fly to Brazil with a bunch of socks we can stick in those horns. :tough: