A New Old Feeling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have been kinda blah on wrestling for a few months. But I am sorry to those who hate AEW, but what they are doing right now is amazing. I feel interested, revitalized.

For anyone who thinks AEW is not a real competitor, they have proven wrong. The WWE has NEVER sold out the United Center. That's why they hold their Chicago events at the Allstate Arena, which they rarely sell out. People think Wrestlemania 22 was sold out. I was there, and trust me, it wasn't.

AEW sold out a stadium that WWE has never done. Now, Chicago has never been a WWE area. NWA and WCW were more popular there.

One of two things happens tomorrow. CM Punk shows up on Rampage and completely changes the course of pro wrestling. Or, it was all a joke and the end of AEW because anyone stupid enough to hint at Punk's return in Chicago and then not do it would be killed by the crowd.

But I am liking wrestling again.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It’s nice to see AEW making Chicago their homebase of sorts. I wanted to go to one of their Sears Center shows since Hoffman Estates is in the middle of nowhere and easy to drive to.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Middle of nowhere? LOL it's like a Metropolis compared to where I am now

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Punk return is never gonna live up to the hype. I think the campaigning for his return are gonna be same regretting it somewhat there is such a high standard people held Punk up too that he's never gonna live up to it. It's like the same people who wanted Calvin Johnson to return to nfl after being gone for years and excepting him to still be top notch.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Punk return is never gonna live up to the hype. I think the campaigning for his return are gonna be same regretting it somewhat there is such a high standard people held Punk up too that he's never gonna live up to it. It's like the same people who wanted Calvin Johnson to return to nfl after being gone for years and excepting him to still be top notch.

I think your wrong. Yeah, the hype is HUGE, but there are things wrestling companies can do to live up to the hype.

Comparing Calvin Johnson's position in the NFL to CM Punk's position in wrestling is interesting. Johnson was one of the greatest wide receivers of all time. But this is pro wrestling, not pro football. Guys older than Punk have come back and made a big impact. It is not about the ability to win games in pro wrestling. Flair was selling wresters and putting on great matches in his late 50s.

Anyway, I want to say thank you for being here and I hope you come around a bit

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think he just proved everyone wrong. That return was as epic or more epic than when he won the WWE title in 2011 at MITB.

Reactions: Snowman1

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Both of CM Punks videos on AEWs youtube channel have ALREADY reached 3 million views and counting respectively. His entrance at 3.7 million and his promo at 3.1 million.

Imagine if this huge viewership translates to the ratings. They would soar over both RAW and Smackdown. All because of CM Punk.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Both of CM Punks videos on AEWs youtube channel have ALREADY reached 3 million views and counting respectively. His entrance at 3.7 million and his promo at 3.1 million.

Imagine if this huge viewership translates to the ratings. They would soar over both RAW and Smackdown. All because of CM Punk.
This was at 2AM
Now his entrance is at 4.7 Million views, and his promo is at 3.6 million.

For perspective, WWEs brock lesner return is at 2.3 million, Becky lynches return isnt even at 1 million, its at 957k.

And yet you have WWE diehards who keep saying he isnt as over as stone cold steve austin, yet his return was one of the biggest pops in wrestling history, on the level of mankind winning the world title. It was one of the biggest moments in wrestling history.

AEW have something WWE doesnt have, a star on the level of The Rock, or Stone Cold, hes absolutely on that level.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This was at 2AM
Now his entrance is at 4.7 Million views, and his promo is at 3.6 million.

For perspective, WWEs brock lesner return is at 2.3 million, Becky lynches return isnt even at 1 million, its at 957k.

And yet you have WWE diehards who keep saying he isnt as over as stone cold steve austin, yet his return was one of the biggest pops in wrestling history, on the level of mankind winning the world title. It was one of the biggest moments in wrestling history.

AEW have something WWE doesnt have, a star on the level of The Rock, or Stone Cold, hes absolutely on that level.
Punk is def on that level. Very few have truly made it to that level. People who say punk never was are ignorant or WWE kiss asses.

That level, IMO: Stone Cold, The Rock, Cena, Punk, Daniel Bryan (was at one time), Brock (love him or hate him, the guy is a draw), Hogan (was at one time), HBK, Taker at mania.

The above people if you ask me, and I’m sure I’m missing some, are at that level. The level where it doesn’t matter where they are, small or big crowds, they make an impact and not only get asses in seats, but are or were on another level.

If AEW does this right, they could actually start to compete with WWE. They’ll have braun, CM Punk, and also bray Wyatt/Fiend; and even potentially Daniel Bryan.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I agree he's going to be mediocre, in the ring, but more people would rather Punk be there to talk and nothing else than to watch him have a 5* match.