A guide to AEW's top rated matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Take my opinion as you well, but the parking lot brawl was pretty fun. Not great like Dave and some have put it out to be, but it was just dumb fun and honestly reminded me a lot of DDT-Pro Wrestling when they do matches like that. If I had to give it a rating it would be a solid 4 mybe 4.5 just because I have been a fan of The Best Friends for good time.

Villano69

Reaction score
I wanted to do a thread for people who may be new to AEW and wanted to know which big matches in the past are worth watching. I have looked up the top rated ones according to cagematch (as opposed to star ratings so nobody shoots me). I will be hunting down full matches and posting them here in hopes people watch and enjoy them.

Let us start with what a large portion of people agree is so far the best match in AEW history, the AEW Tag Team Championship match between then champions Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page vs. The Young bucks at Revolution 2020 PPV.

Kenny and Hangmang vs. The Young Bucks

--

Kenny Omega vs. Rey Fenix

New Years Smash Night 1
Dynamite January 6th 2021

--

Santana&Ortiz vs. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor&Trent? )
Parking Lot Brawl
Dynamite #50

--

Britt Baker DMD vs Thunder fucking Rosa
unsanctioned lights out match
St Patrick's Day Slam
March 11th 2021

--

Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes
Double or Nothing 2019

--

Cody vs Brodie Lee
Dog Collar Match
October 7th 2020

--

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley
Lights Out Unsanctioned Match
Full Gear 2019

--

Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga & Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny & Maki Itoh
Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament: Japan Bracket
February 28th 2021

(starting contest)

FTR (c) vs. The Young Bucks
Tag Team Championship match
Revolution 2020

--

Omega/Hangman (C) v FTR
Tag team championship
All Out 2020

this is an absolutely perfect list to start. almost all are 5 star gems

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Next day or so, I will be reviewing the Britt and Rosa match as well as the Exploding barbed Wire Deathmatch between Omega and Jon.