A good person.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Two parts to this thread. First of all, what requirements do you think it takes for someone to be a 'good person'? Secondly, do you consider yourself a good person?

Personally, I think the main part of being a good person is how you treat the others around you. The ability to be there for someone, to help them feel better emotionally and to support them to me in the main basis of what makes a good person. There are other things too, like morals and beliefs that can come into play, but that's very much subjective.

I'd like to think that irl I'm a pretty good person. On here I spend most of the time stuffing around and poking fun, because that's mostly what this place is for (well, HIAT at least). In real life circumstances though, I believe that I'm relatively a caring person, and that my mother has raised me in the right way whereby I treat the others around me with respect, and in turn I like to be respected.

Two questions to answer are at the top of the post. Answer please, intelligent members (emphasis on intelligent).

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So long as you are not willfully and knowingly hurting the people around you, and you do what you can to help your fellow man when the resources are available, I consider you a good person. I could care less if you disagree with me on the existence of God, I'm not going to say you're going to hell, because I don't believe that. I believe good people exist in this world, and they do a helluva lot for those who are within their circle of generosity and companionship. It's just hard to see all the good in the world when you only ever hear about the loud, awful minority on every issue.

I consider myself a good person. I've done alot of bad in my life, but I do what I can to make amends. I'm always there for those in need whether I know them or not. Hell I've been in McDonald's where a homeless guy is 7 cents short of a cheeseburger and I just spot him for a whole meal. Yeah, it's McDonalds, but regardless I helped that guy sleep better that night as he lay in the cold, unforgiving concrete.

And regardless of what people have done on here or on the internet abroad, I still believe that the majority of people here and elsewhere if given the opportunity are good people.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
I consider someone to be a good person based on what he wouldn't do, rather than what he does. Because a person can do good things all his life, even though he's evil. He can be a faithful worshipper of an almerciful God, and kill those who don't share his belief.
True good lies not in an act, but within a pure conscience. It's how we never wonder what's right or wrong, what's good or bad - we know. We don't need anything, not even religion, to tell us what's right and wrong. We have our conscience for that. Your conscience can even tell whether your religion, if you have one, is right or wrong.
Isn't it true that bad things always happen when they let their conscience be dictated by another thing? Even if it's, hell, especially when it's religion.
You can be a murderer, and still be able to change back to good. You don't have to be a saint to do that. Anyone can do that, no matter what other people think, or say... society don't invent good. Neither did kings, nor prophets.
If you think you're better than other people, no matter how right you are - you're wrong. Ask your conscience if you don't believe me..

And no, I'm not a good person, I'm a sick bastard, because writing this I can't help but enjoy feeling holier than thou. That's just my humble opinion. LOL.