"a cat is not a cat"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Cats are mysterious. I think they can seem a bit scary and sneaky to people that don't understand cat behavior. Cats also have very good survival instincts. The behaviors that some people see as scary and mysterious are the same characteristics that make other people love cats. They can be serene, majestic and independent.

I really think people dislike cats because they simply don't understand them, or they just haven't been around cats so they are a bit scared or intimidated. These people don't understand cat behavior.

By the way, I think it is terrible that some people are mean to cats (or to any living creature for that matter). It's disgraceful, and I think they should be prosecuted for it (but that is a different discussion).

For those of you that are not crazy about cats, I'd like to make a point.

A cat is not a cat.

This is really true. Cats are not all the same. Some cats are evasive and exhibit typical "cat" behavior where everything must be on their terms. These cats like to be petted, but only on t heir terms. You can only pet them when and where THEY want to be petted. This drives some people crazy.

But all cats are not like that.

Some cats are more like dogs – very loving and affectionate.

SOURCE

-----

I read this and thought to post it since some people on here seem to really not like cats (or maybe just hate me posting them everywhere lol). I know exactly what this Vet means. People like to assume all cats are the same. One of my cats is more like a dog than a cat because he was raised around dogs and actually favors their companionship over other cats. He sits, gives paw, speaks, walks on a leash, ect. And my other cat is very affectionate and needy to the point of crying if I leave him alone too long and needing to sleep under the blanket with me (head on my arm) every single night. I have two examples of cats that are nothing like "cats" or the common stereotype of cats.

This is not to say Twiggy doesn't puke up food and hairballs right where I walk so I can step in it, cause he does and this is not to say that Joey has a bit of a peeing (spraying) issues outside the litter box, because he does. People who have never owned or been around enough cats assume this is a cat : spraying, scratching, puking, hair shed, no affection, and untrainable. Yes, I had to mention untrainable because people seem to think you can't teach a cat to be obedient like a dog. Need proof?

So my question to you all, specially the ones who don't like cats... If you could own a cat who was still "a cat" BUT acted more like a dog... Would you change your mind about owning one?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I am a dog person...Here is me with a dog...

FOTA9_D02.jpg

I swear its a dog...not a bear cub...

This photo may also explain why I'm a big fan of the Wyatt Family.

I like dogs and they seem to like me. Cats on the other hand...well...
they always seem to "hiss" at me...no matter how nice I am to them.

If cats were more like dogs...then may-be they would like me.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am a dog person...Here is me with a dog...

FOTA9_D02.jpg

I swear its a dog...not a bear cub...

This photo may also explain why I'm a big fan of the Wyatt Family.

I like dogs and they seem to like me. Cats on the other hand...well...
they always seem to "hiss" at me...no matter how nice I am to them.

If cats were more like dogs...then may-be they would like me.

My 2 dogs make your dog look like a kitten :dawg:

And cats tend to sense when people aren't "okay" with them... with the exception of Joey, my older cat. He will love anyone lol

my cat is a whore

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
bro wtf !

On a real, I'm not gonna get into this too much right now since it's late here and I really don't care, but I don't think anyone actually dislikes cats here, unless when people may've had some kind of traumatic experience with cats. (Cats have raped me and killed my family HAHA~!~!) I don't dislike cats either, I'm more a dog person myself but I don't care and I don't know why others would. I just enjoy meme'ing you around tbh I also like pene in the butt.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And cats tend to sense when people aren't "okay" with them... with the exception of Joey, my older cat. He will love anyone lol
Yeah...I've heard cats have that "special power" to sense when all is not right...
my cat is a whore
Okay...

*Thinks*

Right...I'm just going to post this image...

0cd8da806969d9db4187583f4ed36ffb99488a8a_hq.jpg

And this link...

Asobi ni Iku yo!

For anyone who wants to use it...

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Ewww...

I'm just going to think about this instead...

screenshot_3_14156.jpg

Hey question...does catnip really turn cats psychotic?

They just get an acid-like mild trip.Most tend to just get very hyper then want to sleep a lot afterward.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Did not expect to see catgirls when I clicked on this topic, lol.

Cats are definitely special pets, each with their own unique personality. My cat Luna was very special to me, she was sort of a "best of both worlds" I guess. She was prissy and wanted things her way a lot, but at the same time she was very loving and affectionate, always wanting to be by my side, or sleeping on me. If the yippy annoying chihuahua that my parents had when I was growing up ever growled or snapped at me, she'd wait until it wasn't paying attention, run up to it and smack it, then run away lol. Some cats don't have the most agreeable personalities, or only have certain people they like and don't really want much to do with anyone else.

But dogs are the same way, my parent's chihuahua hated me. I never did anything to bother it when I was little and I remember several times it bit me pretty badly for no reason. It always stared at me as soon as I entered a room with me and wouldn't look away until I was gone. If I tried to touch it, it'd immediately growl at me. It put me off of dogs for a long time, I didn't like them at all and was sort of afraid of them until I started going over to my best friend's house, whose family owned a couple of massive black Labs. They terrified me at first but they were gentle as could be, were always very friendly and were just generally good dogs. It taught me that all dogs were not these evil, snarling creatures that hated me. I feel like people do that with cats, they have a bad experience with one cat in their life and they immediately swear off all cats as mean, hissing furballs when it's definitely not the case.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It could always be worse...
umm.png

Mind you I put the black bar there for a reason....

:dawg: :hmm: :eww: :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D