Royal Rumble 7 Greatest Individual Performances in the Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
rumble-min.png

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Personal preference, perhaps, but Flair's is more impressive than to be sixth (and yes, I know we're all entitled to our different opinions) . That was a day when WWE averaged less than 10 minutes per match and it was literally the first time since Andre the Giant in 1987 (and only second time ever) that they had a PPV end with a heel victory. I also personally don't think they ever had a more impressive list of wrestlers in a Rumble (an eventual 54 World Title reigns among the participants). Also it accomplished something that to this day has only been done twice... with Flair joining Buddy Rogers as the only men ever to hold both the NWA and WWF/E titles. At the time it was unheard of for a wrestler to hold the world titles of 2 different promotions. When placed in the context of the era it occurred in, I undoubtedly put it MUCH closer to the top.

And undoubtedly more impressive than Shawn' s win while although he entered at 1, only had to be in the ring for 38 minutes to win... which pales next to Flair's 59 minutes (although Flair was actually in for over an hour if you actually time the event) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Personal preference, perhaps, but Flair's is more impressive than to be sixth (and yes, I know we're all entitled to our different opinions) . That was a day when WWE averaged less than 10 minutes per match and it was literally the first time since Andre the Giant in 1987 (and only second time ever) that they had a PPV end with a heel victory. I also personally don't think they ever had a more impressive list of wrestlers in a Rumble (an eventual 54 World Title reigns among the participants). Also it accomplished something that to this day has only been done twice... with Flair joining Buddy Rogers as the only men ever to hold both the NWA and WWF/E titles. At the time it was unheard of for a wrestler to hold the world titles of 2 different promotions. When placed in the context of the era it occurred in, I undoubtedly put it MUCH closer to the top.

And undoubtedly more impressive than Shawn' s win while although he entered at 1, only had to be in the ring for 38 minutes to win... which pales next to Flair's 59 minutes (although Flair was actually in for over an hour if you actually time the event) .

I can't remember where I sourced these from but I agree.

Reactions: Jacob Fox