51st State?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MJ807

Reaction score
DO you guys think that in the near future (25-50 Years) that the United States will add a new state? Places that have been listed as possible states are District of Columbia becoming a state, Puerto Rico is widely considered here in the states to become a state, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and also some of the Canadian Provinces have been in favor of annexation with Quebec recieveing 30% support for annexation to the US.

MikeRaw

I doubt you guys will be get another state any time in our lifetimes.
And to clear some things up, I don't knwo of ANYONE in Canada, Quebec included, that would wanna join the States. No offense to anyone in the States, but up here, the majority want nothing to do with the States, and think you guys have too much to do with us already. Quebec is one of the most anti-US places in Canada as well, and the small amount of people from Quebec that want out of Canada, want it to be their own country, not join the States.
Canada won't have any parts joining the States, because Canada is alreadya large country thatgoverns itself larger than the States actually), and in relatively good condition compared to the States.
If anything, I could see a small island of less than 300,000, from somewhere in South American joining the states, but nothing large. And I doubt that as well.

MJ807

Reaction score
In 2001 a percent of Canada's population was surveryed on whether they would want their region to be annexed to the US the results were
British Columbia - 15.4%
Alberta - 12%
Prairies - 19.6%
Ontario - 14.9%
Quebec - 33.9%
Atlantic - 17.6%
Canada in a Whole - 19.9%

Heres my source:
http://www.legermarketing.com/documents/SPCLM/010910ENG.pdf

Also I have no personal preference as I couldn't care either way.

MikeRaw

First off, that poll isn't completely accurate. It didn't survey the entire countru. They could do that same poll again, and get completely different results, from compeltely different people. Also, that was in 2001. In that poll, it also said alot of Canadians thought George Bush was doing a good job! take that poll now, and opinions wold certainly be changed. But, again, even if that poll was 100 % accurate, there is still more than 2/3 of the population AGAINST any part of Canada becoming part of any part of the US.
Oh, and as for the other countries, it's a similar thing. I don't think too many people in Puerto Rico would wanna join the States either. For the most part, people in other countriees such as Canada, Puerto Rico, etc, would much prefer to continue on in their own conutnry, and not be associated with the US.

noumenon

I think we've pretty much snatched up everything within proximity to us already..lol. Puerto Rico already opted out of becoming a state a few years back if you recall.

MJ807

Reaction score
This is the opinons of the Democratic and Republican Party of Puerto Rico becoming a state.

The Republican Party political status position in the 2008 platform - We support the right of the United States citizens of Puerto Rico to be admitted to the Union as a fully sovereign state after they freely so determine. We recognize that Congress has the final authority to define the constitutionally valid options for Puerto Rico to achieve a permanent non-territorial status with government by consent and full enfranchisement. As long as Puerto Rico is not a state, however, the will of its people regarding their political status should be ascertained by means of a general right of referendum or specific referenda sponsored by the U.S. government.

The Democratic Party political status position in the 2008 platform - We believe that the people of Puerto Rico have the right to the political status of their choice, obtained through a fair, neutral, and democratic process of self-determination. The White House and Congress will work with all groups in Puerto Rico to enable the question of Puerto Rico’s status to be resolved during the next four years

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Yeah, a Canadian Province would never become a U.S. State by vote. Maybe if there was a shit load of money involved.

If there was to be another state it would definitely be one of the U.S. territories/colonies/Commonwealths first.

noumenon said:
I think we've pretty much snatched up everything within proximity to us already..lol.

We still need Cuba and Hispanola (Dominican Republic and Haiti).

Jayfunk

Reaction score
I am sure the American Empire will grow some how in the future

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Manifest Destiny, from the edges of Atlantic to the end of the Pacific, and beyond!~

Klide

idont see this cause i heard on the news that texas wants to become its own republic

Wordlife

Mexico should be a state cause we already have 3/4 of the country here already

Axis

Mexico should be a state cause we already have 3/4 of the country here already

It may have been intended as a joke, but Mexico is in an awful position right now, stability-wise. If something were to happen to undermine the government, do no be surprised to see the US step in.

Axis

idont see this cause i heard on the news that texas wants to become its own republic

Wow, talk about being taken COMPLETELY out of context. I can't find an article right now, but I assume you're referring to the Texas Governor mentioning that the people of Texas hate the direction that Obama is taking the country. Somebody brought up seceding from the union and, off the cuff, he said that if things get really really really bad, he can't ignore that option. One small line that shouldn't be taken very seriously exploded into Texas leaving the United States.