31 years WWF/E "main roster" match of the years 1994-2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HIAC Fan

Reaction score
This is my list, others may have different ones. One thing one year may have two or more matches better than another year's match of the year. For instance Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle in 2003 was better than any match in the awful year 2019 and its lackluster matches but still the best out of the worst is selected and only one for each with the exception of 1997 and 2005. No NXT as its main roster only.

1994: Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, WrestleMania 10

1995: Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramond, ladder match, SummerSlam

1996: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels IronMan match WrestleMania 12

1997 (Tied):

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin Submission match with Ken Shamrock as special guest referee, WrestleMania 13

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels Hell in a Cell match, Badd Blood

1998: The Undertaker vs Mankind, Hell in a Cell match, King of the Rings

1999: The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge and Christian, Tag Team Ladder match, No Mercy

2000: Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Rikishi vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. The Undertaker 6 men HIAC match, Armageddon 2000

2001: The Hardy Boyz vs Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boyz, TLC match WrestleMania 17

2002: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho vs. booker T vs. Kane 6 men Elimination Chambers match, Survivor Series (this choice will be controversial, why not Rock vs Hogan at WM 18? that match was ok and crowd reaction made it legendary but in terms of pure wrestling perspective 6 perfect athletes in the EC structure throwing it all out was epic)

2003: Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit, Royal Rumble

2004: Eddie Guerrero vs. Brock Lesnar No Way Out

2005: Tied

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 21

Triple H vs. Dave Batista Hell in a Cell match, Vengeance

2006: John Cena vs. Edge, TLC match, Unforgiven

2007: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels hour long match, Raw April 23 (best match in Raw history)

2008: The Undertaker vs. Edge Hell in a Cell match (Ric Flair vs. HBK is emotional but from wrestling perspective Taker vs. Edge threw it all, also it was like TLC inside HIAC with the excessive usage of tables, ladders, chairs and the cell, the match was imo superior)

2009: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 25

2010: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, No Count Outs, No Disqualifications, Streak. vs Career match, WrestleMania 26

2011: John Cena vs. CM Punk, Money in the Bank

2012: The Undertaker vs. Triple H, Hell in a Cell match, with Shawn Michaels as special guest referee, WrestleMania 28

2013: CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, No Disqualifications match, SummerSlam

2014: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Dave Batista, Triple Threat match, WrestleMania 30

2015: John Cena vs. Antonio Cesaro, United States Championship Open Challenge match Raw July 6.

2016: John Cena vs. AJ Styles, SummerSlam

2017: The New Day vs. the Usos Tornado Tag Team Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell

2018: Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair, Last Woman Standing match, Evolution

2019: Kofi Kingstone vs. Daniel Bryan, WrestleMania 35

2020: Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso, I Quit Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell

2021: Edge vs. Seth Rollins, Hell in a Cell match, Crown Jewels

2022: Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins, Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell

2023: Sami Zyan and Kevin Ownes vs. The Usos, Tag Team match, WrestleMania 39

2024: Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns, Bloodline Rules match, WrestleMania 40

And thats all for me. This is my 2nd and final post. I joined here for one day. I have retired from watching wrestling and decided to speak my minsd on it one last time. Again this is my personal list, others may feel different but these will always be my match of the years from when I started watching to when I stopped watching, 1994-2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky