3 ways to revamp Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This is a bit of a rehash of my CM Punk thread in the RAW section and a old thread in here as well. I will post three suggestions for what can be done to revamp Smackdown and then we can discuss suggestions from the rest of you. I am a fan of Smackdown so seeing the show doing well is something I want. I've always thought of it as having better length matches and also more high quality matches before it got cluttered with Sheamus and Big Show. So here goes.

1: - Trade the US title for the World Heavyweight Championship.
Smackdown is the show for the young wrestlers. And the US title is held by a Smackdown star. Plus Sheamus is more on RAW then he is on Smackdown anyway. Have him move the WHC to RAW and Santino officially move the US title to SD. That way RAW can be the "main event show" it is suppose to be and Smackdown can be used for what it was used to. Mid card wrestling. Build the mid card on Smackdown. That leads us into point number 2.

2: - Focus on younger wrestlers.
Smackdown is the place for the young wrestlers to feud for the mid card titles. By having the mid card titles all on one show you can build a hierarchy within the mid card allowing stars to advance and learn how to draw crowds for title feuds before they are possibly pushed into feuds for the WHC or WWE championship. Have the show focus on the young guys and the less important titles. In turn making new main eventers and the lesser titles mean something.

3: - Protect the brand extension.
Smackdown stars appear on RAW every week yet RAW stars almost never appear on Smackdown. On Smackdown the brand extension seems to be live and well. Keep it that way, move the guys like Sheamus, Orton and Big Show who are on RAW every week to RAW and let the guys like Rhodes, Hunico, Christian, Dibiase and Sin Cara learn how to carry shows. Smackdown is still the best watched and most watched show on Syfy so they wont' really loose on investing in the young whilst keeping some veterans like Christian on Smackdown to help carry the load and lead them into it. That way when guys like Rhodes eventually get called up to RAW they know how to pull and handle eventually leading the big show. Cause they were allowed to lead on Smackdown.

Those are my ideas. Discuss!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That would probably push SD as a "b show" (even though we all know it is) and that definitely won't help ratings. I agree SmackDown should be using the up-and-coming wrestlers in story-lines as it's less pressure performing on SmackDown (taped show). But you need the WHC and some main-eventers there, else there's no point in having it on TV. The midcard is in too much of a state to carry a show.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
dont call me stupid :eek:tunga:

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That would probably push SD as a "b show" (even though we all know it is) and that definitely won't help ratings. I agree SmackDown should be using the up-and-coming wrestlers in story-lines as it's less pressure performing on SmackDown (taped show). But you need the WHC and some main-eventers there, else there's no point in having it on TV. The midcard is in too much of a state to carry a show.

Aren't Orton, Shaemus, hornswaggle, ADR, Bryan all main eventers?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, there are two places you can go, going from your point of view: one of them would make SD a complete B-Show, but WWE wouldn't do that. As Crayo said, it wouldn't draw ratings, the house show circuit would also have really low attendances, etc. I think that if the brand extension was respected and they treated Raw and SD as actual equals, things would work. That's the other place you could go, putting Raw and SD at the same level. Make SD live, make the brand split mean something, and have some good feuds. We all know that SD is the lesser show. We have Raw recaps on SD all the time, but never a SD recap on Raw. Scrapping recaps entirely is also a good idea. Anyway, that, together with focusing on younger talent, would be a good thing.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Show quality doesn't define which one's the A-Show and the B-Show. Lots of people consider NXT to be currently superior to Raw. It's how much focus and attention it's given by the company.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Show quality doesn't define which one's the A-Show and the B-Show. Lots of people consider NXT to be currently superior to Raw. It's how much focus and attention it's given by the company.
Vince lives and breathes the company, so that's not true. He just hasn't taken his meds yet. :obama::burns: