2011 Debator's League Rules!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Check It Out My Brethren!!!

I have made my first attempt at creating an Undertaker shrine.I must give much thanks to XtremeHighFlyer who pointed me to freewebs.In the past I tried more complicated stuff like angelfire...but I just ...I fiddled with all the html codes,and blood shot out of my nose as I had a mental meltdown from confusion.

Ok so this website probably isn't the most beautiful thing on Earth...but I am a beginner,and for a beginner I think I did alright.Now I am a bit iffy on making a photo gallery,as I've heard from many many people that sites have been shut down due to using pics of WWE wrestlers.Apparently Vince sics his lawyers on them.Trust me I couldn't afford a legal tussle with McMahon.Whether it's true that WWE is stingy with their property I don't know...but I won't risk it.I found the random Taker image that is in the headline floating around the internet so hopefully it doesn't belong to VinnieMac.

And hell it might not be the best,but it's mine and I am proud of it!! So read it and let me know what ya think.

Temple Of Taker

Baller

Reaction score
Welcome to the 2011 TWC First Annual Debate League

Over the next couple of months, competitors will compete against one another in a series of debates on wrestling topics, whether it be about the past or the future. Based on how many competitors there are, they will be split into two conferences. Each competitor will have 8 debates to earn points. Each debate will be scored by three judges. The judges are Baller, PHX, and Troy & A Bed. The judges will be scoring based on a 5 point system.

The 5 Point System:

1 point - Clarity of Debate
1 point - Punctuality
1 point - Informative
2 points - Persuasion

Therefore a debater can win 15 points in a single debate. If judges feel a tie is earned for a certain category, then that point may be split.

I will post a topic for each week on Sunday night, I will tell you who is the "home" debater, and get to choose their side. If they don't choose their side by Monday night the other competitor will then get to choose and open the debate. Each debate will go to Friday Night, and then Saturday and Sunday the three judges will score each debate.

After 8 weeks are up, we will look at the leaderboards for each conference, and the top 4 in each conference will move onto the playoffs, until we get to our championship round.

I am hoping to have at least 16 competitors, however, I will not close anybody out on joining, however, if the 16 man quota is reached, you will face everybody in your conference, and have one interconference match.

Rules are subject to change, if needed!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

SAL

Reaction score
it's not Troy and A Bed. :lol: How would the judging work if a judge played?

Baller

Reaction score
A special 3rd judge will be brought in for these debates.

Also you get a 3 strike penalty for missing debates

Baller

Reaction score
Since only 12 people will participate in the Debate League, the playoffs will run like this:

Round 1: The 2nd and 3rd seeds of each conference will compete against each other

Round 2: The 1st seed will face the winner of the 2/3 matchup in their respective conference

Round 3: Finals

When we get 12 people, I will randomly make the conferences, and get the schedules up. We will hopefully get this person to join today, so we can start this week.

Baller

Reaction score
Due to the lateness of finding a final person to compete, we are changing the schedule up a little bit.

ALL Debates will be posted on Tuesday Nights, and you will have Wednesday to Sunday to debate same rules apply as if it were Monday to Friday.

Schedules will be posted by the end of the night!

Good luck to all

Status
Not open for further replies.