2011 Bloody Elbow Tournament of Bad: Steve Jennum Region Round of 64 Voting, Part Two

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

After a long and extensive process, esteemed colleague Brent Brookhouse and I are proud to bring you the 2011 Bloody Elbow Tournament of Bad, an idea stolen from local Chicago sports radio show Boers and Bernstein. The concept is simple: compile a list of 64 of the worst things related to the sport of MMA and pit them against one another in an NCAA Tournament-style bracket. You, the readers, vote on each matchup until we have our ultimate champion.

Last night, MMA in a ring, Kazushi Sakuraba's right ear, UFC's Youtube policy, and Frank Shamrock's braces all advanced to the second round in the Harold Howard Region.

Voting is still open in the first half of Round of 64 voting in the Steve Jennum Region.

Today's matchups:

(6) James Toney vs. (11) Rogan nutting over Rubber Guard and leg kicks

(3) "Never leave it in the hands of the judges" vs. (14) Referee standups/restarts

(7) Mauro Ranallo's puns vs. (10) UFC media policy

(2) Bob Reilly and the (lack of) regulation in NY vs. (15) Desire for MMA in Olympics

Photos courtesy of UFC.com, Strikeforce.com, Google Image Search, and my super awesome EliteXC stash.

Voting after the jump. Polls close at midnight ET tomorrow.